Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A quick response if anyone has one....

Started by smtotwo, Dec 31, 2004, 12:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

Ex refused to turn kids over on Wed. for DH's 1/2 of xmas break.

He called yesterday and noone answered.

Today DH has to work, probably until 6 or 7 pm.

About 10 minutes ago OSS, 10, called just left a message saying call back.

So should I call back?  Due to a R.O. against the ex by me she can't call here.  I'm sure if they see our number on caller ID one of the skids will answer.

I'm afraid if I don't return the call we may lose the rest of the weekend.
But If I do then I may be setting a precendent where she will claim I call her home, therefore she should be able to call mine.

What to do What to do?  I tried DH's cell, received a no service message.

Also I'm sure the ex wants to go out tonite and needs a sitter, or figured DH and I would go out and is trying to ruin it.  We always stay home, but she doesn't know that.

MYSONSDAD

I have also thought that an RO works both ways. If you call, it may appear or be represented that you broke the order. With any luck the skids will call you back. Can you call DH at work and have him return the call. Can someone else call in your place?

Our son is too young, but I am looking more closely at the Sparc card here. I think it would save further problems.

Stepmom0418

My suggestion: DO NOT CALL! You may be setting yourself up to end up in jail over something as innocent as calling your skid. I would say to just keep trying to call DH and if you cant get him just wait and I would almost bet your skid will call you back!

MixedBag

check out "www.bigzoo.com" -- and print out their card.

MYSONSDAD

Just wondering the outcome, hope you got em.....

"Children learn what they live"

smtotwo

By the time DH got home and called,  the ex and kids either weren't home or not answering the phone.

We think the ex probably found a babysitter before DH called, so we were not longer "needed".

First weekend of January is his next placement,  we'll talk to the kids then, if she LETS him get them!!

MYSONSDAD

Did you try to pick them up anyway? Make sure you get a gas reciept to show you where there for pick ups.

"Children learn what they live"

Stepmom0418

or even just a reciept for soda or chips ........anything to document that you were there and then file contmpt and let the judge handle it

patton

Ex nearly always denied visitation time around holidays.  I had excellent documentation, taped phone calls, witnesses, etc.

So Judges really, really, really hate parents denying visitation time around holidays (which shows a pattern)!

Keep up the documentation

Stepmom0418

Patton

DH's ex has now denied around 40 days of contact including Fathers Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas Eve and many many regular weekends. I think when I first started coming to this forum you are the one that gave me the idea about reciepts from the station. Everytime we go to get SS we now get a reciept!! Dh attorney likes that idea alot! Court in Feb for custody and contempts. (should be at least 12 or 13 we think)

Also we have taped phone calls, letters of intent sent certifed with return reciept, letter about denial of visitation, and wittnesses.