Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's been a while since I've been here...

Started by DeterminedForTheBest, Jan 02, 2005, 12:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I agree, this Law Clinic does not sound too bright.

Like I said before, start documenting, this whole mess smells...

http://parenting.aol.com/parenting/onlyonaol/

If your DH wants to be dad, many good websites out there on Parenting. I would also suggest Parenting classes. If he even wants a crack at 50/50, time to learn.

There are many joys of parenthood, including potty training. I can not think of a single reason why he could not have participated in this learning process. DH needs to take a more aggressive position on being a parent.

And do NOT sign anything until you have read it thoroughly. If something is questionable, then ask...before you sign

"Children learn what they live"

DeterminedForTheBest

That's what I keep telling DH, however he's set that if we start doing pro-se, they'll ream us new ones.

I told him, that if we do it pro-se, WE control everything.

olanna

think I would let him handle it...or not handle it.  Disengage for awhile...

Looks like you already have your hands full and maybe that is where your attention should focus.

JMO....

MYSONSDAD

Screw the BM, this is his daughter too. He is going to have start fighting for himself and his daughter.

I agree with Olanna, go pro se, you can do better on your own. You can always hire an attorney just to be present for hearings, if you have to.
Much of the leg work can be done on your own and save you quite a bit. There are many here who have gone pro se. Do the research, check the archives here, start learning. You could also volunteer at a local Law library, or legal aide society and pick the attorneys brains.

If you get anything real sticky, post to Soc...

DeterminedForTheBest

That's a good idea, just to present for hearings. *pondering* I may run that by DH.

How would I go about volunteering at the Law Library?

MYSONSDAD

Check your local phone book and any Legal Aide Society. Just call and ask if they have a volunteer program. If not, find a good Legal Library and start researching.

Any issues you have, just post them. If no one replies, ask Soc for the bigger stuff.

There are several here going Pro Se. I have never gone that way, so not much help. There is also 25,000 legal forms you can print from this site. You might also check the archives here. Ton of information right at your finger tips...

DeterminedForTheBest

I've found a Law Library here at the local University. I'm going to give them a ring and see if I have to schedule a time to come in, or if it's just come in when you can type of deal.