Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of state child visitation

Started by dad172, Jan 06, 2005, 10:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad172

Hello,
I am new to the Delta Bravo site. I am hoping to learn from other parents on the site. I have a question for the group. My child lives in another state, we are on seperate coasts and I would like to see my child as much as possible. How does the court view such a long distance between the parents? Is 6 months on 6months off good? Month by month? What is the courts stance on this? Has any one gone through this same problem on what shared time should be with such a long distance between the two? Any help is welcomed.

Thank you,

Still Dad

olanna

If your child is really young, less than school age, an arrangement like that might work.  But don't hold your breath...I have seen it more often than not that courts won't do that.

Did you move to the opposite coast?  Did the child's mother move away?

Avaya

I doubt you'd get that type of arrangement.  Think of school.  My cousins lived on the East coast with their dad when I was a kid.  Their mom lived in AR.  They flew down for the whole summer every year.  And they came for the whole Christmas break every other year.  That's the only time they saw mom unless she went out there.  

wendl

I hihgly doubt you would get 6 months on and 6 mohths off.

More likey you would get the bulk of summer vacation, alternating christmas break, Spring breaks etc.

Then you need to also think about who will pay for travel expenses.

Did she move away or you, if she did you can ask that she pay the bulk of the expenses as she is the one that moved away from the childs home state.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

dad172

Thank you all for your views. My daughter just turned 3yrs old and she was the one who decided to move out of state. We have been to court 3 times regarding custody of our child. The first time had resulted in shared joint custody. Then as the turn came for me to see and have my daughter she fled her residence in Texas, the place she moved to after our split. After I had the court locate her and bring her back to the California court from Maryland, we again ended with a joint custody. Then the third time, again after she fled to Virginia we argued at the court and I lost my temper out of fustration with her and the court system. I lost just about all rights to my daughte, now as round 4 turns the corner I am praying I get my rights back and or atleast the chance to see my beautiful daughter. I have spent a full 6 months with my child in her 3 years of life.

Thanks,

Still Dad

dad172

Thank you all for your views. My daughter just turned 3yrs old and she was the one who decided to move out of state. We have been to court 3 times regarding custody of our child. The first time had resulted in shared joint custody. Then as the turn came for me to see and have my daughter she fled her residence in Texas, the place she moved to after our split. After I had the court locate her and bring her back to the California court from Maryland, we again ended with a joint custody. Then the third time, again after she fled to Virginia we argued at the court and I lost my temper out of fustration with her and the court system. I lost just about all rights to my daughte, now as round 4 turns the corner I am praying I get my rights back and or atleast the chance to see my beautiful daughter. I have spent a full 6 months with my child in her 3 years of life.

Thank you,

Still Dad

dad172

Thanks,

Still Dad

dad172

Thanks,

Still Dad