Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation for Non-School Aged Children ?!?!

Started by spinner, Feb 02, 2005, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gipsy

My parenting plan specifies that school age is at 1st grade But still yet I get 2 weeks during the summer ,and My son Is five years old ,My other twist is I live close so I get Him every thursday After school Till 7pm ,  , I too have been through all these struggles , Here is the biggest hardest part to do , And I force My self to remmember this and do it , Spend the time you have productively with the child , I just sent My Son Home and I Have just had a pretty good weekend with Him, Here's the list we did
    1 Bowling friday night
    2, His friend came over saturday night But saturday I played a few video games with Him first,
    3 , Then we went for a walk down the beach and threw rocks in the water
     4 , I went to the hobby store and bought those cheap little model airplanes , And we flew them untill the natural destruction of those things occured By a 5 year old , But I enjoyed His amusement and wonder watching those little planes fly around ,
    5  we watched Harry Potter
    6 Then I read him his night time story
    7 the night before I played slap jack at bedtime with Him

And Previous to this I have made many little projects with Him
    That virtually cost nothing , Get a library card get Into kid projects
      I used to be so caught up into what I don't get with My son , that It over shadows what I do get , So I make it a point to get a lot from what I do get , And In a way It suffices ,
    I have a life and if you take a look at it , I really don't have a hell of a lot more time to make with My son than EOW and every thursday ,  It could be much better , I know My son will probably never spend A month straight with Me till he  Reaches what age ,I do not know , But I do Know this , He will spend most of his time with me as quality time . And as I watch other parents then I see that even normal working parents don't even do what I do with My son. And thats a fact , Think about it , Go ask any of your friends that have kids if they have accomplished the list of things I gave you in one weekend , or one week . I come back to this site to be supportive , If your parenting plan say's you get the time then she doesn't do it then file contempt , Or file for a modification of the parenting plan and ask the judge for clarification on that issue , , I also recommend that you carefully re -read the parenting plan Because it may say there is a dispute resolution process ,Before returning to court , Mine is that I have to Make an effort through Pierce county center for dispute resolution , If I don't do this the commissioner will say to do it before they answer to it , And I have used this as leverage before , Like I filed for dispute resolution and she fail to respond  , So I filed the notice that she failed to respond with the court and asked for more visits and the court said Ok , It makes it clear to the court who is wanting to go by the rules . SOOO My other lessons , Stay to the facts , Don't gripe about her , I Know for a fact that By the time you get to the court , the court system has this Idea you aren't getting along , DUH!!!  thats why you are in court ,
    Wanna here the smartest thing I said to the commissioner once ,
       " I want to see My son" ,  
    And her atty said Blah Blah !! Long story short is , If there is a Guardian ad Litem report that say's you get some time then the court will do it , And they don't care about your complaints about her , Unless it is like neglect or molestations , I wouldn't even bother the court , Just say I want this parenting time and she disagrees , And It is unclear in the parenting plan, Or just send her a letter that say's We can go through the legal process or not But I will see My child , What do Ya think of avoiding the court expense And just agrreeing to something , , The problem Is if the parnting plan Is attached to school age then probably kindegarden is the age that this would occur , Ya never said wether she got a comtempt for your last extra visit . Did She ?

spinner

well she filed for contempt against me and I guess we are waiting for the evidentiary hearing, ...

gipsy

My parenting plan was Based on the school schedule , And Untill it was defined when the school schedule would actually be enforced , The mother had arguments , So My Guess Is unless there is a definition in the parenting plan that states WHEN THE SCHOOL SCHEDULE BEGINS, The judge or commissioner Is probably going to see this as an Issue that needs to be clarified , I have not seen your parenting plan , But usually it is written in  fairly plain english , Again My plan say's school age schedule begins on entrance into the first grade , If there Is  some open ended wording in the parenting plan then It probably is not contempt , I would contact other people besides me , But here is My opinion ,   I think You could just go to the commissioner or judge at the hearing and say , "the parenting plan  say's that I get this time and I excorcized My rights to the best of My interpretation of the parenting plan " , There is or[ is not] A definition of when the school schedule begins, It only say's the plan is connected to the school schedule .  
       So , I hope you are getting what I say , The mother of My son has done a number of similar stupid things , And this is just to be a jerk ! And she has an atty , And I have responded to many of these things on My own with out an atty , If you are going to do this , The best thing I have found is to keep it really simple , Let Me give you an example of Jerk's attempts ..   I refinish hardwood floors , So  the mother , Has written into the parenting plan that I am not ot take child to the jobsite with out Mother's written consent , So I told My atty this is ridicolous , And what it is about is . That I should not have him   at  a job with Me where chemicals are present , And I know that , So My atty handwrote an interjected statement into her request , before presentaion to the judge , That said  I won't have son on the Job "where chemicals are present" , But of course Mom wants to make trouble and My son said he was on the job with me , So She of course had her atty  send harrassing letters that say I am Not to have son on the job , And they demand an entire schedule of what when and where or else they are filing contempt , Because I am in contempt BLAH BLAH BLAH ,So, I sent a letter back  with a copy of the parenting plan thats shows  what I say , the plan say's ' About " Where Chemicals are present " And there were no chemicals present , So her atty got a few more bucks from stupid letters , But it  basically ended , So the point is , I did not admit any thing about him Being on the job , even though he was , BUT There were no chemicals present , and that means that I am not in contempt . Ya get it !!! Argue the One legal point and leave the rest out ,
   You are not in contempt , The parenting plan say's your visits are connected to the school schedule and you went By that And do not believe that this is contempt , Trust Me there will be other stunts she will pull , My psycho has pulled a number of them , And My atty say's unless the parenting plan specifically say's something that you are, or are not supposed to do, then its not contempt , ! AGain I would not say much more , Just that you don't believe that you are in contempt , This all seems like a big deal when it's happening , But All this crap blows over , But the one thing I have NEVER done is let Her use this kind of stuff to compromise the parenting plan that I do Have , Excorcise Your rights every time , And file contempt if she denies visits , I took the psycho to court at least six or seven times , Untill she got the message , And the message is ,  I will have a relationship with My son !!! This has mostly calmed down , And yours will to If you keep her feet to the coals , Don't let up , If she gets away with something , Just think , You just taught her that she can !!!