Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Denied visitation and phone contact

Started by desperatedad63, Mar 26, 2005, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I think you have an excellent chance to get her on the contempts. And there is no way she can get you for phone harrassment, unless you call every two minutes.

The burden of proof will be on her to show medical documentation and a receipt of being at the pick up point.

Scroll down on that site, it has telephonic harassment toward the end. That is what I wanted you to see...

"Children learn what they live"

gipsy

I do residential; work  On hardwood floors And have worked for a few atty's . It is confirmed three times By these atty's and mine , Your only recourese is to file contempt , My atty is a good atty , Here's how he explains it , " Parenting plans are not self enforcing ," So you have to file contempt " He told me he tells the Judge or commissioner in every case about the same thing ' Her say's " Mom won't let Dad see the kids " And I need the court to enforce visitation Becuase Mom will continue if I can't get any help " Then He said too Me " You won't be likely to get her on contempt on the first few tries < BUT Ask for make up time " He also said " This works for a couple of issues " First Mom has to take the day off and or hire an atty . An atty isn't going to be likely to advise hwer to be in contempt of a Court ordered parenting plan <  If you don't get a contempt thenyou may get makeup time < The effect is this < She had to goto court and still give up the visit < Secondly You need to file contempt issues because if it keeps up The judge willl eventually get tired of it and change custody <  This I have seen happen < So if you can't hire an atty , AGAIN ! My atty say's file it pro-se And show up yourself at court , Because if you get it wrong [Pierce county Washington ) You can get the court recording of a commissioners hearing (not judges) For 10$ I have done this ! And you will listen to yourself and the commissioner and get it right the next time , And by the 3rd time you will have it right and they will be sick of this and you qwill be very likely to get a finding of contempt   This is the  inexpensive help they got !  with pen and paper in hand : call the court and ask if they have a night when atty's help pro se litigants , GO TO child support and get there list of low cost legal help , Call the Bar association . Call Parrelegal services .And MANY atty's in the phone book , And ask about who can help you file this and get her legally served , Of all those resources you will get some help , I went to commissioner services and filed a few things on my own , Its not that hard , Also Find out if you go before a judge or a commissioner , Then go to the court and watch some of these types of hearings ,  What I saw is there really isn't that much to it , I needed an atty becuase of fear , BEcuase My case was very complicated < But a contempt is easy and My atty  Typed a contempt up for My cousin , In like five minutes for free < So call a bunch of atty's and get one that does family law and will type this up for you , When you go to the court and file it be really nice and they will help you , then have mom served " Legal service costs between 50$ and 100$ and sometimes they chrge extra if she hides , I have performed legal service And the Woman was being difficult and hiding in the house so I called the police and asked for a" CIVIL STANDBY "THEY DO THIS iN MY STATE  If there is the possibilty of trouble , So its how you word the issue to the police And they showed up and stood there and she peeked out and saw the police and answered the door , I handed her the papers and walked away " Thast what  the sevice person does < Then service person fills out a declaration to the copurt that say's ""  I " service person served "  Jane smith " With these documents . Its pretty simple , But thats it , My cousin showed at court and the commissioner said " Basically ' Grow UP" But it straightened Mom out , And My cousin's PBFH Was doing exactly what Your Psycho is , And I went to the Pick up ' with a video camera > And the Moms sister had the child and it was turning bad , And the psycho in-laws Began flipping us off etc , So I put up the camera and they behaved ,And My cousins daughter and Him talked things over and things have been fine " The next quote from My GOOD atty that files contempt 'every time 'said " if you let her do it you teach her that she can"GET THAT CONTEMPT FILED ITS YOUR ONLY RECOURSE !!! I don't think MOM will straighten out , And in Wash state Its like two comtempt findings in a year and you get a changed of custody , So Oregon may be the sme and if mom hires an atty he will tell her that !

desperatedad63

When the police called me on the 15th of March they told me she was taping everything. I know she is taping because like I stated the answering machine changed twice from the original and now I am aable to leave my daughter long messages like I was talking to her, but without any response from my daughter.....I am very careful what I say.
  I wish I could contact him, but I don't know his last name. I do know he lives in Ohio and I do know that he now has a family. He was 15 at the time and she was 18.

I'm new to all this...what is SOC  

MYSONSDAD

I bet your daughter never hears those messages.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is statuatory rape!

When you get on the message boards, scroll down, Socrateaser. He can advise you on how to file the contempt if your going this alone.

desperatedad63

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!! I will definitely start the proceedings. I am fed up with her trying too think she can control me and it's time she learned a few lessons about how she abuses the system! I am hoping that I can get custody for the sake of my daughter. The thought has crossed my mind that she is doing this hoping I won't do anything and that I will disappear from the childs life......well I maybe 500 miles away and in another state, but my daughter means the world to me and has since the day I heard I was going to be a father.

desperatedad63

The BM has told me that my daughter hears all my messages, but she is mad at me and will talk to me when she is done being mad at me....it's been over two months since she got upset at me. I have left messages saying that I am sorry and that when you love someone you should talk it out, so out of respect for Dad (me) please call me so we can work this out.

desperatedad63

I have the cerified letter from my daughter, I called on the 15th of March and left a message staing I wanted to see my daughter and I would be there too pick her up on the 19th, I called on the 17th of march and left a message saying I would be there on Saturday the 19th to pick up my daughter  and my parents called on the 14th of March and left a message because arrangements had been made between them and the BM too pick up my daughter down in Oregon on the 18th, they asked for her to call them back she never did so they called on the 15th and were leaving a message when the BM picked up and told them that my daughter didn't want to come up (although they had talked with my daughter and the BM in the previous week on two seperate occasions and my daughter and the BM had both said that my daughter was excited to come up) and they wouldn't be there. They asked to speak with my daughter and the BM said she doesn't want too talk to her grandfather or her grandmother. This child has always loved all three of us very much and it is so starnge that she would say these things!  Thank you! You have helped so much and I know nothing about you or why you're here, but you have relieved some of the stress I have been living with for the last 3 months....Thank so much!

MYSONSDAD

Your certified letter will help you on the contempts. She was a little late on mailing this and she knows it. More time should have been given, we all know how the mail system is. Does it show when it was mailed?

With your daughter not wanting to speak with the grandparents, this just shows there is "alienating behavior" taking place.

http://www.rgardner.com/refs/

http://www.helpstoppas.com/

I am surprised the Police Officer who told you she was taping, did not do anything about it. According to the taping laws, she is in violation.

File those contempts, stop her in her tracks and get your time with your daughter. Once she is with you, you will find out what is going on...

MYSONSDAD

All girls like getting flowers. Why not send her something at her school. That should make her feel very special...

desperatedad63

Yes it was postmarked on the 18th of March which was Friday the day before I was leaving. I just sent my daughters Easter present last week and used certified mail and was standing right there when they postmarked it so I know that it was indeed mailed on the 18th.....my daughter put 3/14/2005 on the letter that was in the certified mail envelope....whether she wrote it that day or not I don't know? I live 500 miles away and when I leave my house to go pick up my daughter I have to leave at 6:00 am, the BM knows this and still no phone call....no messages when I returned home at 7:30 that night. She has to have something up her sleeve.....can she be this stupid??????