Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Denied all access to my daughter

Started by Silk, Mar 28, 2005, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

My Ex and I are from the Caribbean, our daughter was born in the US. While back in the Caribbean after 3 years my ex denied me all access to my dauhter, I took her to family court and was rewarded access and the judge also ruled that the child was not to leave the country without mutual agreement and santioned by the court, my ex however took our daughter out of the country and back to the US, I was at the airport when they left although I was not in agreement I did not want to cause any problems or embarrassment to them so I went along with the promise from my ex that they will return in a couple weeks, but that never happened.

I really love and miss my daughter, what can I do to get back in touch with my daughter, two years have passed since they left the country and I havent seen or heard from my daughter, and I do not know where they are living in NY nor a number.
Is there a legal means for me to regain access to my daughter?

MYSONSDAD

This sounds International. You might want to post this to Soc. I am sure Lawmoe will also reply.

I am not sure how court orders would apply in the States.

You could always hire a PI to track her down.

Silk

Thanks for you prompt response.
What and where is SOC?

joni

"Dear Socrateaser", it's another board on this forum.  Go to the pull down menu at right side of this page and you'll see it,  it's the 7th forum down.

MixedBag

My first question is what country has jurisdiction over your situation?  

Then you'd have to learn if your "system" is similar to ours in the states.

Two years, huh???  

My next gut instinct is to advise that you go back to your local court and file a motion to show cause because she left the country against the order and request custody.  It will probably get complicated, so I'd consult an attorney to see if that's the way to go -- particularly since you don't know where they are.

In the meantime, do what you can to search for her.....and I know that over long distances that's not easy and no fun.

Is your child by chance of school age??  And if you know the general area, can you start by searching for her school enrollment?

Silk

I am not certain about jurisdiction, considering that the court ruling was made here in the Caribbean, however my daughter is a US Citizen; but her mother is not, and I believe she is illegal in the US by now.
I have travelled to the US a couple times to follow up on leads as to where she may be, and although I believe that I once knew where she was living I was not fortunate enough to get to see them.

I have been advised by my attorney here in St. Vincent to make a case with the US immigration services to have her mom deported from the US having overstayed her Visa, however I do not wish such drastic and disruptive measures that will prevent her from persuing a better life for here and my daughter, I prefer a legal means that will enable me to have access to my daughter without adversly affecting my ex's livelyhood.

Is it possible for me to search her school enrollment online?

gipsy

It is legal to abtain someone elses [Credit profile] You can do this on the internet , Type in the serach bar for credit report , Or free credit report , And credit reporting agencies will pop up , First you need to have some info on the person you are looking for , Here's the ones I know , Social security number , Birth date , Someplace,s they lived and when < Any loan documents for real estate they may have , Containing loan numbers, Mothers maiden name , Where they were born
    Heres where you can get a bunch of that info , Any loans you applied for , Passport applications , Married tax filing's , Birth certicates > Marriage certificates , Gather what you can and the internet ask's for most of this info , Or enough , Another trick is to call a loan officer , And ask for a credit report to be faxed to you and your wife , Say wife is leaving town for three weeks But , We want the credit report faxed , Maybe fax the old marriage certificate . The credit report will show where she applied for a loan to purchase real estate , Then you can search county records for that real estate , Here I get this stuff from the tax assessor web page . And public record . You get the Tax parcel number , Usually on the  Deed .And then do a property search with the TAx assessor,  They use different Deeds in every state , But it will be like a Quit Claim Deed or a Warranty deed , Or a Deed of trust , Or a land Owner contract , You have to finde her county if you think she Bought property , That should be easy Through the Credit profile search , Then If you go to the Records department or the tax assessor , and say You just watched a real estate seminar about buying foreclosed properties and are trying to use public information to track foreclosed properties . And  Pick a couple names of people you think own a home . And search , If you are being secretive don't search for the target while any one is present ,just learn the system , And be really nice and pretend to have a few bucks and think you may find a good foreclosed property in the area , Or do one of the thing's I did , I am a contractor , And told one of the public entities I needed to find a target person so I could lean her property, Because she walked  away and sold a previous house , But I had worked on the house and wanted to find the Target person so I could lean the new House for construction done to Her previous property , SO I did not have to pay an atty , I just wanted to file a workmans lean , So  the public service person typed in the name and walked away from the screen while I wrote down the Information , And what do ya know the Target person lived ten Minutes from Me , There are skip tracing books also , I learned way more from  People that Worked in property reposession ,A little charm goes a long way ,Basically the credit profile should Tell you where she lives , The deal I learned from repossion people is that people will Put a lot of right info in the credit application , And usually they will just fudge a few numbers but they can't usually fudge the county and state , Because , I don't know of applying for credit, Or credit cards , Or an outmobile purchase ,  and living some where out of that area, So you may get the address if its a application to rent a house or appartment , Or you may get the address of the rental agency that rented the house , But ,The ones I have found that had the rental agency in the credit report Later popped up with the current address , And I think this happens because they moved into the property the target applied for credit at , Every one will eventually apply for credit . Even if its to get Ten percent off ,or , a free purse or something , And they have to have a phone number etc , A phone number requires a different game and you may need a proffessional con artist ,  Believe it or not if you ask atty's some of them know skip tracers , But I also believe you have to get some papers filed with the court ,for when you find her so she can be immediatly served , Also if she has a passport or visa , there is information that can be gathered from that < I know nothing of this , My searches have been minimal and local to me , But credit profiles  work nation wide , So if you go to a proffessional you will need the info I mention above any way , And some of them are very good , I have found two people this way and it was soooo easy     another trick  once certain people are found is surveilance , You could go buy books about this etc , But just remmember the real surveilance equipment is VERY expensive and the trouble you can get into is serious , But there are a couple of legal and simple tricks , And a lot of illegall and complex tricks . Most of them are easy and common sense , Basically all you want to know is if she starts moving out before she gets served , And that may not matter if you figure out she moved away after the fact and you got some surveilance tape showing her moving is worthless , I guess I say this about surveilance because , I really want to say it is a wasted of time for what you coulkd use , And by the time you educate yourself to use or hobby it together you could be spending your time more productively , And you can't use any of it at court any way , But the only point of surveilance would be to get a license Number of a car She was driving , But then as far as I know it is impossible to get the deprtment of licensing to give you the address of the car owner any way , I have tried to track By license , But all you will get is the address that is on the registration that has to be carried in the car , The point is If the target is going some where you know of , And you wanted to use license info to find the residence of the target , But by the time you figure all this out , With the time and expence spent , It would be way better to do this through legal channels , Talk to atty's and find one that talks legally about what to do , Interview many attys before hirng any one atty !!

MYSONSDAD

I have thought about checking her credit many times. Am concerned if she found out, my butt would get hung on this. She knows I do the homework, but would worry if this is an invasion of privacy. A real PBFH, so have to be somewhat careful.

In your position, you have a legal right, being licensed. What are the legals on this? Just curiuos...

"Children learn what they live"

SadStepMom

Did I understand you correctly that it is legal to get someone's credit report without their permission?  

That just doesn't seem right.

lucky

I just pulled credit reports for myself and dh and while I got all three for me, I could only get two of his on the web.  For privacy & security, due to dh's common name (there's a zillion men with his same name) they had to mail it to the last known address they had -- which, fortunately is where we currently live.

It is my understanding that it is NOT legal unless you have been given permission to obtain the report.  I'd post this one to Soc to be sure.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers