Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I need HELP! :o

Started by stepma, Apr 01, 2005, 08:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepma

We were sent an interrogatory in the mail today and we are Pro Se.
I do not believe that this was served through the court.
We are going to send one back but for the certificate of service PBFH's lawyer signed. So my question is who signs ours saying that they certify a true and correct copy was sent in the mail???? my DH?? a notary??

I'm confused please HELP............

Stepmomnow

When serving interrogatories on the other side, you do not need a notery to sign the Notice of Service.  Take the Notice of Service (don't know what it is called in your state) that the other side served on you.  Copy it exactly (it has an oath in it), and use the name of whomever will be mailing the rogs.  Usually in a law office, it is the secratary who signs the Service of Process notice. It is not a big deal, as long as you follow the form exactly, changing only the names, dates and any addresses to be correct.  The Notice of Service will not be filed with the court.

stepma

thank you :)

My next question is what does it mean when they send an interrogatory, are they going to push for a court date as soon as they get the info? because we have already sent our answer to the motion to modify. During the original divorce my DH and PBFH sent paperwork back and forth for 2 years before it was all said and done.

MixedBag

Answers to the motion to modify are just different from the interrogatory.

They should be asking you specific questions that aren't contained in the motion -- motions contain allegations, interrogatories contain questions for information.

There might already BE a court date -- or motion the court to set one now.

Pro se too -- and that's how I understand the two documents