Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

truck driver's visitation

Started by IceMountain, Apr 27, 2005, 06:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMountain

I am an otr truck driver.  Prior to this career change I had hired a lawyer to modify visitation, but fired him about 6 months ago.  I still want to modify but realize my career change affects the way the courts look at my case.  I'm not asking for much, just shared school breaks, holiday weekends and clarifying transportation and times, etc.

I have to work for my company for a year to pay back tuition.  At that point I was going to look for a regional job where I would be home every weekend (I'm currently home eow to see my son) and a few nights a week.

I have an option with my current company to work 1 week on and 1 week off.  It would mean less miles and income, but I would then be able to have school break visitations and get my 6 weeks summer visitation 'back'.

Any opinions on how the courts would view my eow week work schedule?  Longterm I would lose $300 to $600 a month, which is comparable to the income I had before becoming an otr truck driver.  The money isn't an issue with me, but will it be an issue with the courts?  

justwantstobeadad

I dont think they would have a problem with it as long as you keep all your visitaions, make phone calls, try and go to school events when possible etc. Just stay involved as much as possible!