Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Visitation

Started by hpink69, May 18, 2005, 07:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpink69

I am looking for separated or divorced parents who have a plan for summer visitation. My bf's ex is being very difficult in arranging plans for this. We had always heard that you get two weeks at a time during the summer. (NO parenting plan is set yet and no custody has been set) She is wanting to do every other week, which isn't that big of a deal other than some activities we were going to enroll them in that will just have to be cut short. I was just wondering what the norm is on other parenting plans.

patton

Texas Standard Summer Visitation is as follows:

Parents who live less than 100 miles apart get 30 days. CP selects one weekend during this time.

Parents who live more than 100 miles apart get 42 days. CP selects two weekends non-consecutive.

There's more criteria to it, and if you want all the details I'll be glad to post them, as time you notify other parent etc.

Now you can do what you want if you are agreeable.  I have a cousin who NCP only gets two weeks in June and two weeks in July.  They live less than 100 miles apart.

Kimberly9

Hello -- we live 4 hours from my stepson.  He is here for 7 weeks in the summer.  It is broken up into 3 -- 2 week periods, and 1 one week period.

Here is the wording:

Unless it is mutually agreed upon in writing by both parties by May 10th   if K gets out of school with less than a week before Memorial Day weekend, K's summer schedule will be:

a)   K will spend one week with his Father beginning the Friday following Memorial Day.

b)   K will spend two weeks with his Father beginning the Friday before Father's Day.

c)   K will spend two weeks with his Father beginning the 2nd Friday in July.

d)   K will spend two weeks with his Father beginning the 5th Friday in July (or the 1st Friday in August if there is no 5th Friday in July).

wendl

In my dh's order one year he gets the 1st half then next year he gets the 2nd half.

My ex gets 2 weeks in the summer (that is all he wanted I offered the entire summer due to distance)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

justwantstobeadad

we have every 2 weeks. GL

awakenlynn

We are in IL.  Our order is for 8 weeks, as long as we don't take the week after school lets out and the week prior to school starting.  We did that for 04 and it was fine, ex begged to let her parents come up for a visit and we said no.

This year SD asked to move visitation bacause she wanted to go to school parties held after school let out by her friends.  We said ok, and ex agreed to allow us to have SD the 8 weeks, ending the Sat. before school started.  Fine, but we found out, SD didn't get to go to any parties, ex sent her daughter to her parents for the 3 weeks prior to our pick-up.  Now we know for next year that this was a complete fabrication (or at least SD was denied the parties we agreed to) so we go back to the order next year.  We will have to go back to court though, ex won't agree to stop-over flights(which we are allowed) and she won't agree to times.  

Make sure you have set dates(such as us with excluding the set weeks).  Mode of transportation and times for pick-up/drop-offs scheduled for each type of transportation.

Alot of times, summer visitation length is determined on the age of the child and how much time they get to spend throughout the year.  We started with 1 week and went to 2, then 6 weeks and now our 8 weeks(SD is 12 now)

Lynn

flewwellin

keep in mind that in my sittuation BM lives in PA and we live in NC

we get the kids for 5 wks our choice when every year consecutive or not doesnt' matter it's our choice. the price she pays for moving out of state