Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

looking to relocate

Started by Innocentprncss, Jul 10, 2005, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flewwellin

You could move tomorrow if you want but you can't take your daughter with you.  This agreement isn't restraining you it's restraining your daughter.  I can't say that I wish you luck with this because I don't.  I think a child needs it's father and you have given no evidence that this move is in the best interest for the child but instead the best interest of you.

Innocentprncss

I guess you can make the relationship you have with a spouse or soon to be one the same as what a father has with his daughter as he sees fit.  You talk about all the stuff that he is gonna miss out on, but sadly he never attempts do participate in any of this anyway.  If my daughter'd father could promise me all the things that I am offering him, I WOULD let him move.  My son's father is deceased.  After living on an army base for the 3 years, we would be moving back to Iowa where we would already have a house.  I am MOST DEFINITELY not thinking of JUST myself.  I KNOW that this move would be VERY GOOD for my son and good for my daughter too.  I regret it being this way and REALLY REALLY wish that my fiance had been from WI, but the fact is HE ISN'T!  I have to try to do what is best for my son, my daughter and me.  I know that her being away from her dad isn't the best way for things to be but I KNOW that being away from me would bother her MORE!  You can believe that or not I guess, but I know in my heart that it is true.  Being away from her brother would break her heart too.  My son has lived most his life wanting a father figure SOOOO badly and now I found someone that I love, that loves me and my kids and would be a GREAT father figure to my son.  I am not looking to replace my daughter's father in her eyes but I want my son to be able to have what he has longed for AL his life.

Innocentprncss

He has up to present only been involved for one year because he CHOSE not to be a part of her life til they told him that he was going to have to start paying child support.  When my daughter was born, I called him and told him the news (that it was a girl, her name, etc) and asked for his info for the birth certificate.  He wouldn't give it to me because he said that he wasn't going to be a part of her life because it would confuse her ( was engaged at the time).  Then I didn't hear from him again until the child suport thing came up about 3 1/2 years later.  I tried sending letters, pictures etc to him and he says he never got them but they never came back return to sender.  You tell me if it sounds like he gives a crap.  He ignored her existance until he had to start paying for it, and I didn't even WANT his money, but since my daughter was on medical assistence, the county MADE me go through with it.

Innocentprncss

oh and BTW way he was never my husband.  we were never married.

Sherry1

for that distance?  Your head is really far up your a$$, isn't it?  Bottom line is that you will NOT be granted a move away by a judge based upon the facts as you have presented them.  Bottom line is you can move, but your daughter won't be moving with you.  Of course, you can move without your ex's approval, but then he can take you to court for contempt and probably end up with custody anyway.. You have two options.  1)  Stay where you are.  2)  Give custody to your ex.

That about sums it up

Sherry1

move away, you will have to go to court.  Your reasons for moving the child away from the father are petty and silly.  A judge will deny your move away.  You will have two choices:

1)  Stay where you are.
2)  Give custody to the ex.

Period.  Bottom line.

Oh, and the costs for a judge, probably a court appointed attorney for the child, custody evalulators, etc., will probably cost upwards of $30,000-$100,000 plus, so I hope your fiancee has gobs of money.

Innocentprncss

Sherry1

dad's for one weekend visit a month and you are going to fly with her?  Or do you possibly have a magic carpet in that magic bag where the magic judge is that will grant you your magic move away?

Innocentprncss