Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 12:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What are my options? Help!

Started by openroad_r1, Aug 02, 2005, 08:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

openroad_r1

CP(BM) has allowed my two daughters, ages 9 and 7 to leave the state(Okla.) with her parents to go to Georgia for the rest of the summer.  I was not notified of this, nor consulted in any way.  Our divorce decree specifically states that either parent must have the court's written permission to take the children out of state for more than two weeks.  She was very sneaky about letting them go without me knowing about it until they were gone (today).  I am very very concerned about my daughters being with their grandparents without their BM or another adult present, as my ex wife, the BM, was physically, verbally, and sexually abused as a child by her father, the same person she is letting my daughters go to Georgia with.  I do NOT want my children alone with these people, nor do I want to miss out on my visitation for the rest of the summer.  Am I going to have to go to Georgia if I want them back??  Can I get an emergency order for temporary custody or temporary relief?  What are my options? Help!

CustodyIQ

Hi,

Can you post or describe the exact text of your orders with regard to out-of-state travel, the summer schedule, and your custodial time?

From that, I think I'd be able to provide some suggestions.

joni

what kind of proof is there about grandpa being a molester?  does he have a criminal record?  are there other victims of his abuse?

I would file an emergency custody order to get those children back under child endangerment.  clearly, mommy is not dealing with a full deck either to endanger her children in that way.

gipsy

does this interfere with your court ordered visitation schedual? , If so maybe a Good  atty can tell you if contempt is in order for violation of the parenting plan  ,

someonewhocares

I know a good family law attorney. His name is Pete Louden. He is out of Norman, but he is good.

openroad_r1

My ex claims that they will only be gone a week and a half, and that they will be returned in time for my next visitation, so that problem is hopefully solved.  However, the issue still remains that she allowed the girls to be with her parents unsupervised.  No, there is no "proof" of the molestation when my ex was a kid, but she told me about it when we were married.  Also, my ex's father assaulted her physically in front of my daughters shortly after we were divorced, and my ex's mother witnessed it and did nothing about it.  My ex's mother and brothers actually took the phone away from her and would not let her call the police at the time of the incident, so I took her to the police station to file charges at the time.  Anyway, I do NOT want my kids around her dad (their grandfather) unsupervised.  I am in the process of filing for full custody although my ex is currently unaware of this, so I am at least documenting all of this to help my case in the upcoming custody battle.

joni

I would consider hiring yourself a criminal attorney to represent you in family court on this issue....technically, these are criminal acts (the perv grandpa) but it would take place in family court involving your parenting visitations.

You need an atty who's savvy in the criminal angle to get the gravity of this situation across.  All of the acts against these children are potentially criminal acts: molestation, assault on the Ex by grandpa, interference with criminal investigation by taking away the phone.

I know many other father's who have won in family court by using a criminal atty to represent them.

AND

I would not wait to get those kids back and HOPE that they were not assaulted by grandpa, I would get them back immediately under child endangerment.  If you wait, the judge may say you let the visitation happen and you may look like a trouble maker after the fact.

The entire mother's family is sick and in denial of the grandfather.  Typical dysfunction of family members protecting an abuser.