Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

father's rights

Started by sherrie ohio, Jun 29, 2005, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrie ohio

My husband has a visitaion schedule that was ordered almost a few years ago.The following schedule was set forth due to us being in differnt states and the frist year of the child life he nor  mother didnt know who the father was.The mother was given legal and custodial rights,my husband got one weekend a month,some holiday visetations and a week in the summer.(which he went to their state)In the years following we made the weekend viset's, holiday viset's(baring any unforseen mishaps)And were even allowed a couple of summers when she wasnt mad to have their child at our home for 4 weeks in the summer.We have sense moved to the state their child and mother live in,in the past year.We started out getting their daughter every weeekend almost.Then this school year she sent her to stay with us during the week and with her weekends.My husband kept paying support.The school year is over and we are back to weekends.Does my husband have the grounds to go into court and ask for and a more expanded visitation order with the right to also know more about whats going on with their daughter.Any info you could pass on whould be helpfull.Thanks......

flewwellin

I would think that he has the grounds to change his visitations.  First of all the move to the child's state did that for him.  And second the willingness that the BM is to let him have the kids during the week and her the weekends it looks very good that the judge will look upon this in your behalf.

gipsy

this may fit in Washington states ;change of circumstance ' Post what state you are in so people from that state can respond , In wash state the plan can be modified due to change of circumstance. And every other weekend, Half holidays and half of summer

MYSONSDAD

Did you document the time over and above the CO'd visitation? If you can prove the added time along with  the fact that you moved to her State, should give you grounds to go for more time.

"Children learn what they live"

sherrie ohio

The school knew she was living here,bus driver,neighbors ect.We marked down when she was here and times with her mother.The BM has mention twice she like to repeat it again,with no change in custody,visitation order or support she gets.My husband mention in reponse that he'd like to change the visitation order so he had a little say so in school maters.She no longer wants to and we are back to two or three weekends a month.You see the support she gets from the fathers of her children are her and her husband source of income.We would just like to have some set guidelines.And he like to have more time and input on his childs up bringing.BM see's any try at asking about school,doctor ect. as an invasion.And i think she's afraid that changing the order would mess with her getting support from my husband. The School will only give out an copy of the grade card to my husband.We are far from being able to hire a lawyer for a drawn out  battle with her(money wise).We arent poor,but cant aford paying a lawyer for a long period.We are what you call the working poor. Thanks for the info.