Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex problems

Started by awakenlynn, Aug 17, 2005, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

We just returned SD(12) to her mother.  So far we have agreed to fly SD on a non-stop flight, but it meant that we drove 3 hours out of our way to and from the airport(6 hour drive time).  Ex refuses to put SD on anyother flight.  There is another non-stop flight, BUT it means she would need to drive 9 hours or fly SD to the airport.  We checked prices.  It costs us about an extra $300 a visit to drive to the airport and back.  It would cost her $180 to fly daughter from her airport to the non-stop one.  Ex also refuses to put SD on a one-stop flight.  It is more expensive for us, but those are our only options.  We are writing a letter to our attorney who is retained for transportation purposes.(we have to pay more for him to cover other issues--income tax returns next year??)

School in TX started on Monday.  We have not heard back from SD to let us know she is registered.  We haven;t heard from the ex or the school.  We think they have pulled a disappearing act--they do this every once in awhile.  We don't have as much money as ex, so they go on "vacation" because our visits are so bad(no money, means we stay at home and that is not good enough for ex)

We have been trying to call SD since Monday.  Court order is for Wed nights, but both sides have been pretty lax, because my husband works nights and ex doesn't mind(usually).  We document each phone call and keep our phone records.  I think from now on, every week, we will be sending a letter(e-mail) to the ex every time we cannot reach the SD for conversation.  We will also forward the letter to the circuit clerk.  I know SD is 12 and can call when she wants, but she doesn't, ex controls the phone and screens the calls.  SD is not comfortable calling because ex's husband likes to listen in or grills SD about the phone calls.  Ex and her husband talk really bad about my husband, but we can't get proof.

We need to go to court and require ex to let us know when they are out of town, and contempt if the phone calls are not allowed through.