Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SD has fall break, kids in our town don't

Started by Ref, Sep 06, 2005, 06:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

What do we do with SD during that time. DH's job is on the brink right now so he can't take time off. I also have professional commitments during that week but might be able to swing a couple days off that week. DH can work from home and his mom has off on Wednesdays.

The real problem is that all the kids in our town are in school. SD is 14 and we are afraid that she will be bored and frustrated that she can't be with her friends  at her mom's during the week but can't hang out with her new friends here because they are in school. Also, we don't know if she kept in touch with her friends here. She made them at camp this summer and hasn't seen them since the end of July.

Any suggestions. Keep in mind that we live 1400 miles away from her mom and DH just was given the rights to see his daughter during this time.

Thanks in advance

MixedBag

invite grandma and grandpa to town too -- so they can re-connect?

Work on evening "get togethers" at Dad's house with her new friends there.

joni

plan a big party for her, maybe bowling with her new friends or mini golf or something

when I was 14, I could sleep until 12 or 1pm, her friends will be done at school 2-3 pm, she can hook up soon enough

Ref

I forgot what a night owl she is.  That would be perfect. She can even walk to DH's office if she wants and hang out in the town afterward with her friends. I'll have to tell DH.

As far as contacting her friends goes. I have no idea if she has kept in touch with them.

Best Wishes Everyone!

joni

find out who they are and you send them an invite, kids who are 14 will go for free pizza, bowling, mini golf or whatever.  it's only been 2/3 months since the summer so she hasn't been out of touch that long.