Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Holiday Group Hug

Started by workingdad, Dec 04, 2003, 05:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

workingdad

Geesh you stay off the site for a few days, and you come back to find people at throats.

Come on people its the holidays, what happened to holiday spirit, you know for once looking past differances, and just enjoying your fellow man.  Looking past problems you may have had with people in the past, and extending the hand of friendship.  Thats what the holidays are about, being nice, kinder, and more giving then you would normally be, because it is the right thing, and even if you can't put your differances aside for the whole year this is supposed to be the one time of year you can.

I was told a story by a vet a long time ago of when he was over seas fighting.  It was Christmas Eve, and in his camp they heard singing coming from the enemy camp, and the enemy camp put up a flag of truce and invited the camp over and for that one night they all sat shoulder to shoulder, singing christmas carols(differant languages but you can't miss the tune), sharing the food they had with each other, and making the best of the holidays, even though some of them knew they would never see their families again and their last Christmas could be sitting by a fire in the cold, with their enemy.  

If people in this most extreame situation can put their differances aside, then certainly we here can put differances aside.

Happy Holidays to everyone, no matter who you are or what Holiday it is you celebrate.  I wish you the very best, and hope you are able to spend it with those you hold dear. :D

sweetnsad

Well said...Happy Holidays to you as well....
The holidays are a difficult and stressful time for some families, but we have to remember what is important in our lives...Life is short..Live it to the very fullest and try to be as happy as you can be...

anastasia

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU TOO....

It is a time to remember that our Lord was born and regardless all the grievances, all the bitter moments with our situations, HE was born to give us hope and God will be with us always, and there will be days of laughs and happiness too.

TO ALL THE PARENTS HERE, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!  LET'S KEEP PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER AND MAKE THE BIGGEST PRAY IN THESE HOLIDAYS FOR ALL THE KIDS AND THEIR PARENTS!!!!  AND BELIEVE WITH OUR HEARTS THAT OUR MIRACLE WILL HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

StPaulieGirl

I think the problem is that for some of us, the holiday's trigger the baggage train.  

Yes, we can all put our differences aside, not only because of Christmas and Hannukah, but because of our kids.  My oldest girl called me up the other night and told me to get ready because she and her husband were coming over to decorate the house.  Their apartment complex is run by Nazi's who not only forbid live trees(ok, reasonable), but any kind of decorations denoting a holiday.  It might be insensitive.  I'll give you insensitive.....

Hey, All you Christians, Jews too, lets let these atheists stick it where the sun doesn't shine.  Let's display Nativity scenes and Menorahs.  Put them on our front lawns, in front of our businesses, and to hell with these idiots.

Oh well.  Leave it to me to turn a feelgood post into a political rant :/

mudbunnies

for all the members of this board.....

1.  peace, happiness, family

2.  to start an annual gatherin in each state so that we can meet face to face, eventually make it a national thing...

(even if its camping at the koa, who cares...)

happy holidays guys.

Kitty C.

Camping sounds good to me, too!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

anastasia

WWWEEEEEE!!!!   My hub and I love camping.... WHEN DO WE START?!This is a wonderful idea. Let's think in big, a lot of supporting groups out there make marchs, activities, you name it ... why can't we.  All states in one day, gathering our voices for our kids ... oooooppppsss I'm getting too exited!!!!

MUDDY YOU ROCK!!!!

"if we think only in our missery, we will be miserable the rest of our lives"...

StPaulieGirl

Haven't done that in years!  There was this really cool place to camp; it was called Bouquet Canyon.  A wildfire ripped through there a couple of years ago, so I don't know what the condition is these days.  When we went years ago, we camped at a spot where there was a big waterfall.  Everyone would get together and dam the stream and make a pool for all the kids to swim in.  The US Forestry Service stocked the stream with freshwater trout, and I learned to fish.  One time when we went, the gangbangers from San Fernando Valley trashed the outhouses, which led me and my now 21 yr old to develop serious poison ivy.  I didn't
know poison ivy looked like a tree :/

Other camping options got scorched this year.  The wildfires in the San Bernardino mountains open up to my part of the desert.  In fact when Hesperia caught on fire, my oldest girl and I tagteamed the 21 yr old to start packing, because they live on the border of Hesperia and Victorville.  She's still laughing at us.

I'm moving back up to the desert, so hopefully we can go camping again.  I won't take just me and 2 kids to a campground.  With my 21 yr old's bf, and his brother, I'll feel safer.  

Of course what is camping without....Spam!

See what you did?  Now I want to go camping!

Indigo Mom

We'll schedule the first one here in Colorado in about 3 weeks.  That way, you can bring me a puppy!

;)