Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Communicating with SD

Started by awakenlynn, Feb 10, 2006, 06:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

Not sure what to do.  SD is 12 and she is not a talker, at least by phone or e-mail.  This is normal for her.  She is the same way when she is here and her mom tries to get ahold of her.

I am getting the feeling though that ex is intercepting e-mails.  I don't have proof, but now SD is even more distant.  I think ex is getting on under SD name and reading her mail and going thru it all.  Ex doesn't let her get on as often as she used to.  Ex is mad because she didn't get her way again and if she is going thru the mail, she is doing this to hinder the relationship.

We are going to talk to SD again about staying in better communication with us, but she is a teen.  Not sure what we can do or say to stay in better touch.

Thanks.

Ref

We live about 1400 miles from SD and sometimes have lapses in conversations. I started a webpage on a site like xanga.com, livejournal.com or myspace.com. I post little things on it about day-to-day stuff. I write about dreams and what I made for dinner and of course remind her that we love her.

We also put links to shutterfly.com so that she can see our digital pictures of when she was with us.

She doesn't always reply to my posts on the page, but I know she is reading them and will someday be able to look back at the messages to see how much we love her. When she does respond it makes me soooo happy.She is often bored and surfing the internet. I think it just became a habit for her to read the page.

It is also exclusively for her. I write each post like a letter. I make sure I am careful what I put on there so her evil mom can't use it against me, but it is still a pretty good way to communicate.

I am about 90% sure her mom doesn't know about our page. SD often lies about our relationship to her mom.

Write back if you need more info.

Best Wishes
Ref

awakenlynn

Thank you.  I have often thought of putting together a webpage for the family.  I might look into it more.  
SD is 12 and right now I think the problem is her mother.  She only really gets on the computer to do homework and checks her mail only on weekends.  We know ex gets on under her name once in awhile because we will IM and the name immediately logs off, and SD will always talk when she is on.