Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:45:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help deciding a problem....

Started by usayow, Mar 14, 2006, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usayow

Sorry I will try to make this short.  In a nut shell dh and bm made agreement years ago that they would alternate years putting ss in sports.  Well it worked for awhile then bm had new bf and had him put ss in sports.  We live a town away and bm has now informed us she put ss in new baseball league even further away.  He has joint legal custody of ss.  By the way bf is of course gone now.  

Anyways here's the problem when she does this she expects us to take ss on our night to practices and on our weekends.  We get him on wednesdays and eow.  We have him more but that is what the court order says.  Well we go to church and on Wednesdays ss is in a thing called ra's with church and has been for years now.  He loves it and when he comes on Wednesdays that's the first thing he asks about.  Well bm said practices are every Wednesday and Sunday and wants us to switch nights on Wednesdays and we will just miss most of Sunday.  Well we want him to stay in his RA's and not miss(by the way) she pulled this in fall with football season too.  

Should we just suck it up again and make him miss something we put him in and has been in for years or just tell her no this is our night an he's not missing again for her activity which is by the way even further away this year?  What we don't understand is how can she get him to activity because she just got her license suspended for DUI and only got probationary license to go to and from work and alcohol classes.  She's not supposed to be driving anyways especially with the child.  

We wanted to put him in baseball here where we live but she signed him up with out even talking to dh about it and just TOLD him what she did.  Her sign ups were before ours.  Let me know any thoughts and opinions.  Thanks for all the help ahead of time.

usayow  

davisjames

My opinion...your days = your activities.  Personally I would not take my child out of something church related that he/she enjoys because BM had other plans.  She should have checked with the coach before signing him up to make sure that at least 1 practice fell on her time.  It sounds like she set it up this way because she can't take him back and forth herself.  I don't believe a judge would force you to give up two of your 3 days of visitation a week in order to accomodate an activity when mom didn't even check with you first.  Tell her no, Tell her she should request a refund and enroll him in something that either doesn't interfere with your time or is closer to your home so that he can do both.

usayow

Thank you for your help.  My dh told her tonight that Wednesdays are a definite no and we would see about Sundays.  Guess they got into it some, oh well.  One day she might learn.  No just wish she would.  But thank you anyways.

Usayow