Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 15, 2024, 09:37:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation

Started by maid marion, Mar 27, 2006, 04:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maid marion

I have sole custody of my child. My ex attempted, through the court, to relocate to florida with our child. The court denied his request but he and his parents attempted to snatch her anyways and took off in the middle of the night with her. They were pulled over in Jacksonville florida and I flew down and got her and brought her home. Hence, I now have sole custody. The grand mother continues to call every weekend. She asks for my daughter in the sweetest voice like the whole thing never happened. I don't answer the phone so I don't talk with her. My question is.....do I have to allow her to have contact with my child? I know that my child loves her grammy (she's 6 years old ) but she doesn't understand the severity of what they attempted to do. She thinks it's somehow her fault because she wanted to go to florida to visit her grammy. These people are not stable individuals and I fear that they'll try it again or say things to her to confuse her even more. She's been through enough and if I have the right to not allow her to be put through anymore than I want to exercise that right and protect her from these people. Any comments or legal responses are welcomed.
maid amrion

MixedBag

my gut says since it's grandparents, no you don't have to allow contact via the phone.

my gut says that since it is grandparents, pick up the phone once and tell grandma that you'll allow a relationship via the mail for right now and nothing else.

my gut says that you need a court order prohibiting time with your child that's out of state....or do you already have something like that?

But I'm no attorney...

maid marion

Great idea about communication through the mail. That way I can monitor what their telling her. Thanks. You thoughts are most helpful
Maid Marion