Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting more visitation/custody from crazy ex

Started by starlabrite, Mar 28, 2006, 12:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

b/c they aren't married, she does have custody right now b/c she is the Mother and b/c baby lives with her.

So, your BF needs to go to court and get his paternity established, get CS set (that will be automatic - may be more or less than paying now) and ask for visitation.

That is your first step.  Don't delay on that.  Make it known that BF wants his overnights as well.  That is a fine line and can go either way with a judge. Look up the state's case law on how visitation is handled for babies.  I know IL has provisions in place till age of 2 yrs that can be used.

She can make an issue of your living arrangements and say she wants a morals clause which basically states no overnights stays for opposite sex when have baby which means no living together or no overnights.  Also, I believe you will need to get rid of your brother living there too.  Where would baby's room be if brother has 2nd bedroom.  She could make more issues about him living there as well.

So there are alot of issues here on both sides.  Do my step one and then take it from there. Get a good lawyer that will fight for BF and return calls promptly.