Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not sure what to do

Started by littlebit2, Apr 12, 2004, 07:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebit2

We just got back fro Easter break and my husbands daughter's mother had the child. . My step daughter pointed this out to my husband.

From what I am gathering they were on the way back from out of town. I guess my step daughter and her younger brother were fighting and the mother grabbed her leg by the ankle and made 2 small cuts with her nails. Naturally she said that she didn't mean to. I told him that he needed to report it even though they are small. He took viedo tape and I took some pictures. I don't know how else to help him. He promised her that he wouldn't take her from her unless she was in harm. Please help.

wendl

well having you or your husband call CPS wont work, they usually don't listen to the parent who does not have custody, they look at it as that parent is either A) in a custody battle or B) causing problems.

Best bet is if the child is hurt take the child to the DR or ER so they can document it.

Sorry this isn't much help, but CPS is a joke when it comes to many things.

MYSONSDAD

Make sure you are documenting everything with a time tracker. Does your camera display the date? One thing I do, is turn on HBO or Showtime, when you change the channel, the date and time come up, keep your video camera on, tape the screen and then go immediately to document the scratches.

kiddosmom

Not to try to lessen your worry....

Is this normal that your sd's mother injures her?? if it is not then i would document it then let it go.

As mother to 2 and sm to 1, accidents do happen. I would not worry about it unless it was a serious problem, if your sd said that was what happened then don't panic.

If you panic and try to 'report' her to cps for an accident they are not going to listen to you if something really important comes up.