Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custodial Parent Moved !!

Started by a_boring, May 16, 2006, 09:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patton

I'm in Texas and pretty familiar with  a lot of the counties.  What Texas County is the court order/C/S in?   PM or leave me an email if you want to.  I might be able to refer you to a really good atty here.

MixedBag

first off, you gotta keep after your childone way or another.  Find the energy!

if your child is in school, maybe the school system will tell you where they sent the child's records.

did she move far away?  or some new place in town?

The focus should be on how it affects your child's time with you and then file whatever you need to with the courts.

Patton is a good person to help in TX...

a_boring

Patton- Thanks for offering your support. THe original order was in Brazoria County Tx also know as H3LL. Sorry about that; anyway, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe you know a little about filing motions Pro Se? The county website has a list of costs for filing and serving etc...but ofcourse has no instruction.

Thanks to you all, sorry I dont get on much but I do so much appreciate your time.

A_Boring MO
CP TX

a_boring

MixedBag- I am really trying to stay sane and motivated. Unforunately, I have had to ask my primary care physician for some anxiety meds. Talk about embarassing.

I have contacted my daughteres old school, they have never been much help. I did what it said on here about 3 years ago sending the letters to the school and a copy of the decree stating I was to have this information. Even faught with the Super about not being on my daughters records as emergency contact or parent. They are absolutly far from helpful.

As far as knowing where they moved, I have no clue. Ex Mother Inlaw, states she does not know where or have a phone # or address. I tried the local police department, being they know the CP VERY well, and they stated they had no idea about move. I mean I had to call the police when the hurricanes were supposed to hit Freeport TX, that is exactly where they used to live! The police called me back just stating the home was boarded up and noone was there.

This has become very disheartining, and I am trying my darndest to stay positive; maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself.. Sorry about the ramble'n.

Thank you for your help and time.

A_Boring MO
CP TX

MixedBag

O.K., no clue.

Just how FAR do you think she went?

Same county, state, etc...

If it's not that far -- and you know what grade your kids should be in, and YES, I know schools are gonna be out for the summer soon,

I'd be picking up the phone and calling every elementary school, or high school, and asking if they have your child enrolled.

It takes time, but it's a start and if you hit the jackpot, think how good that will be.

Above all, keep your thinking cap on and keep after the children.

We had to do something similar twice....

thesmithfamily_5

>Thank you so much for that information. However, what is a
>domestic relations office? I have never heard that term.
>
>I have called the AG's office, where my CS is being routed
>through and they told me they are not "obligated to release
>ANY information" to me in regards to the CP.
>
>Also, they stated they would not withhold, save, CS without a
>court order. Again thank you for your time.
>
>a_boring MO
>CP TX

My DH has a son whom he has never met. It was a stupid night in high school, and he's regretted the whole matter ever since. (Esp not being at the hearing... she got away w/ murder!) anyway, He's required to maintain health insurance on this child, who's 11 now, if it's available through work. But we had NO information about this kid to enroll him in any ins... they want details. So we were advised by an atty to send a letter to the AG office for them to forward to her. Send it certified, return receipt requested. There were 2 letters, one to AG and one to her asking for all the info. The letter to the AG said "Please forward this letter to the mother of my child so that I may comply with the court order to provide insurance for my child." and the letter to her was all the info we needed to obtain an insurance policy.

Well, we never got a response back from BM, but we've never been bugged by the AG about paying for insurance, either.

Anyway, that long story was so you have an idea of how to relay information to your kid's sorry BM. We didn't seal the envelope of the letter to BM and they got a copy to keep in their file, as well.

Sorry you're going through so much crap. It's like a club for these people.... the "Let's see how miserable we can make them" club...