Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

God given rights

Started by nicodemus, May 20, 2006, 04:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicodemus

Let me start of with some background information.  I had a "week night" stand with the mother of my child when I was in college.  She told me five days later that she was having a child and the child was mine.  I did not believe her, but I had to go along with it b/c I would get kicked out of school if I had a dependant.  I went to the Air Force Academy, and one can not have dependants there.  The child would have been born during the first semester of my senior year.  I made an agreement with her to keep her from causing any extra attention at the Academy.  
The agreement we did was broken by her.  She decided to cause a ruckus at the Academy and was successful.  I had to resign from the Academy due to behavior issues (her calling and speaking about the situation did not help).  When I resigned I had to due service as an senior airman.  In January of 2001, the military and I set up arrangements for the baby to get a blood test.  I called the child's mother two days later to check to see if she took the test or not, but the number was disconnected.  
At that point, I had the proof I needed as far as knowing if the beautiful child had my blood or not.  The actions of the mother made me believe the child did not have my bloodline.  Three years went by periodically thinking about the child.  I was looking up some information on Tom Green County's Judaical page, where I found out that I was up for child support.  I immediately went to the AG office and picked up my "packet" that was put together with all her information.  I had to become a detective to find her where abouts.
I made contact with the mother and set up for test to be done.  I took my test in March of 2004, she did not take hers until August of 04.  I found out that Kiarah was in fact my gift from the heavens above.  I got on the first plane I could afford and saw my baby in AZ, October 25-28, 2004.  
I went to court in Texas, and placed on child support.  I did not have to pay any retro.  Since the court agreed with my situation then I feel like I should be given the same God given right as a father who's child took his/her first breath of air.  My only rights I have is that "It has been established that I am the father, and I have to pay child support."  The right to speak or see my child was not provided by the state of Texas.  
The reason I was told was because Arizona had jurisdiction over visitation.  Although Montana is the state where Texas is sending my child support.  I have been paying child support (which I do not mind at all) since 12/04. I am about $600 behind, but I have been paying faithfully.
The mother of my child let me speak with my child off and on between December and April of 2005.  The mother cut off communication between my only child around the time she found out that I was living with another female with children.  I decided to moved to Las Vegas, in June of 05 to be closer to my daughter (distance and relationship) and hoping to be able (allowed) to see my child if I was four hours away.  As a result...the last time that I spoke to my daughter was July 17, 2005.
The last time I seen my child was October 28, 2004.  I have not known a physical address since I moved to and from Vegas.  I just want my God given rights.  The courts gave me rights to be the father, and pay child support but I do not have rights to raise my own blood, my only child.  I am looking for help.  I know in the long run I will have custody (the mother is bi-polar) but right now I just want basic out of state (AZ to TX) visitations.  Or just to hear my babies voice.  She is going to be six on October 3rd.  Why do I have to wait any longer?

ocean

You do not know where the BM and child are now? What state? Do you know where she works? If you know any of this, file for visitation and serve her at home, parents house, or at work. Just because she is bi-polar does not mean you will gain custody. Bi-polar is treatable with medication and therapy and unless the mother is neglectful it will be very hard to switch custody now. Do you have contact by phone/email? You need to look up out of state visitation plans. You can ask for a couple of visits in her state first so the child will get to know you again and then at a certain point it should be switched to your house. Good luck!

nicodemus

I do know that they are in AZ...I think.  It is possible that my daughter is Montana living with the BM's parents.  That may be why I haven't been able to talk to my baby.  I do not know where she works.  I do have a phone number, but I always get the voicemail.  Knowing where they are and getting in contact is my main problem.  

I do understand that being bi-polar will not be the only reason why I would eventually have custody.  My encounters w/ the mother gives me a feeling that in the long run she will prove that I am the parent who is "in the best interest of the child."

I will look up AZ visitation rights.  I just know when it comes down to it I will have to hire a private investigator to find them, so I can serve em.

maid marion

Tough situation.
You mention God given rights....Gift from heaven.....God given right.
START PRAYING! Don't call God in only when He makes your position sound better, call him in prayer to help you find your child. He'll accomplish what's best in his time and in his way.
Also, remeber that your little one has an established pattern in her life and that unfortunately doesn't include you. Go slow when you find her. Reassure her that your not there to take her away from the family and freinds she knows and loves. They are her safety net and pulling that out from under her when you do find her will not help your relationship grow. If you can, try and fit yourself into the life she has now and get along with the others in it to the best of your ability and build a strong trusting relationship with her. She'll eventually know that you are a safe person and love her and won't neccessarily take her away from the people she loves. It will probably take years to accomplish but if she's only 6 then she's and you have many many many years ahead of you. Make the investment in your relationship now and it will blossom on it's own later in life.
Good luck and God bless,
Maid Marion