Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 07:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation cost split, but there are problems

Started by 72264kids, May 19, 2006, 04:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quyrah

WOW!!!!  How do I do that?  I thought I had to file and be in TX to do any of it.  Yes of course there is mail but I thought to file, you'd need a lawyer, etc.  I'm looking for "how to" do these things myself.  Do you know of websites or something that I can look at and read to gain info about?  You bet your sweet bippies that I'll do something if I can myself.  I am a capable person and feel that by mail I could definitely do it.

Thanks so much.

Q.

416021va

....google Texas state law forms....look for a form that is for a motion for contempt...read the forms instructions

find out what that county's local rules are....

if you can't find the forms maybe someone here knows where they are...

become very familiar with the form before asking more questions

there are pro se self help mailing groups out there, yahoo has a few, they are great

ask questions here to

being pro se is hit or miss, but id rather hit sometimes than miss all the time!!

MixedBag

if you can't afford an attorney, figure out how to file pro se...

start reading and learning and searching..

She's getting away with too much and while yes you'll have to go to TX for court, figure that out later.

If your order is clear, go for it.

DH and I are both long distance.....kids are worth it.

awakenlynn

I know it sounds hard and complicated.  You just have to take one step at a time and start with research.  Our case is just as conveluted.  We live in IA, ex lives in TX, and IL retains jurisdiction.  I would file for small claims court in our home town since that is where I purchased the ticket.  After that, I would take the case to family court if I won and have a contempt hearing.  Use the money you 'won' in small claims court to purchase your ticket to go to Texas for the hearing.  We hired our IL attorney and do all our business by phone, fax and email.  We won't even meet him until we go to court(or the day before).  Check the Texas county the case is in and see if they provide their forms online.  Some counties in some states do.  Our IL county provides generic ones and then I copy/paste and detail it to my case.

I understand about a full life too.  Husband works full time, I work part time, stay at home mom, and full time student.  I have two years left for my bachelors degree and three years after that for my law degree.  On top of all that I handle my husband;s case.  Basically I am his paralegal.  I do the research, forms, papers, deal with the attorney, keep track of all logs and prep him for court.

Call the Texas bar and see if they can recommend any family attorneys or paralegal services.  Interview over the phone for a start and work your way from there.  It might take awhile, but as fast as things go in court, you have the time (I know a little sarcastic, sorry, its almost midnight and been a LONG day).