Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:08:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Emotional distress to daughter

Started by Not without a fight, Jun 18, 2006, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not without a fight

I have a question. I am a concerned step mom. My husband has joint legal custody with every other weekend and some time during off track schedules. Due to high conflict divorce a set parenting plan has never been agreed upon. My question to you is since we do not have a current order referencing Father's Day every year my husband's ex-wife takes Our daughter to our neutral drop off location at various times during the day on special occasions without notifying my husband of her intent to allow timeshare. She sits for about 20 minutes and then tells their daughter that If dad wanted to see her then he would have showed up. Then leaves. Does anyone know what we can do about this? Should we contact the local police department for a welfare check this morning? Should I contact cps for emtional distress. We have brought this to the attention of the courts and our judge has slapped her wrist saying don't do it again. But, or course she does. Some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

lucky

Get a new parenting time order that explicitly outlines days/dates & times.

Ours includes mother's day & father's day under the holiday schedule.  Ours also set exact times for pick ups and drop offs.  We didn't state a "waiting time" in case of the other one being late, but I would suggest doing that as well.  

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers