Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

please help mt to see my girls

Started by gogee, Jul 25, 2006, 11:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogee

Hello to everyone, this is my first time at this so please excuse me if I sound a little ignorant.
My wife and I have been separated since 04/19/06. as of that date I have only been able to see my 2 children ages 3 and 2 a total of 3 times, she kept them from me on fathers day as well as my youngest`s birthday and gives me no reason for it. I would love to hire a lawyer but she has also taken control of all assets including the tools of my trade making it impossible for me to support myself never mind hire a lawyer.
so please if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have a 8/3 court date and I could really use some help.

Buff

I don't frequent this board, but I'm sad to see your post, noting my friend above who is desperately trying to get the father of her child involved.  I hope someone can offer some real advice, all I can give is support.  Good luck on your upcoming hearing.  Know this, tho, she can't keep your kids from you as a means of "ransom".  Can you at least consult with an attorney?  Usually that's free, and maybe they can make arrangements to set up your representation based on the settlement.  She can't hold on to all of your assets forever.  

Amy_in_MA

The court date on 8/3 is for what specifically? Have you been to court at all, at the time of your initial separation, and if so, was any kind of temporary order for custody/visitation put into place at that time?

--------------------

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

~ James Allen
"Continue to share your heart with people, even if it's been broken." ~ Amy Poehler

gogee

First of all let me start by saying thank you for showing interest in my case. To answer your last question,  there is no probate order for custody or visitation. The 8/3 court date from what Im being told is a mediation for the upcoming divorce.  But its also to hear my wifes answer to the divorce. Which basicly states that she is seeking full custody, while requesting that I only be granted SUPERVISED visitation, it also seeks child support ( to be expected ). She is also attempting to have my complaint For divorce dismissed and her claim accepted.  Meanwhile I still have had no contact with my children. The last time that I was allowed to see them was 6/30. I have had several verbal phone altercations and none of them end on a positive note.  I just cant understnd for the life of me what makes a person do what she has done and continues to do.

gogee

First let me say thank you for your concern, and your wish of luck is appreciated.  Unfortunately its the fathers like the one that you mentioned and thousands more like him that give myself and thousands more like me a bad name,  and a rough ride through family court system. On a happier note I have a consult with a top notch probate lawyer tomorow 7/30, and she may be willing to take my case.  So like I said your wish is greatly appreciated.

Amy_in_MA

Ok...well the good news is that you're meeting with a lawyer today. Let us know how that goes. If the lawyer is good, fair, respected, it can only help your case. Second "good" thing is that your court date is literally right around the corner...so this is going to be placed before the court (her withholding visitation) and there will likely be an order put in place that defines exactly when and how you see your children. What are the grounds for your wife seeking supervised visitation? Have you had any history with her/the children in terms of domestic violence, drug use, etc.? She's going to need a good reason for that one. Have you documented/made notes on every phone call (good and bad) and attempt at visitation that you have made? If you haven't in the past, start doing it now. When memory fails us (which it does often in high stress situations), you'll have your notes to remind you of what has transpired. There's nothing really you can do about the past, but move forward with hope and hopefully good representation. Good luck next week, and keep us posted.

--------------------

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

~ James Allen
"Continue to share your heart with people, even if it's been broken." ~ Amy Poehler