Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Road blocks in Morris County NJ

Started by mxdad35, Oct 06, 2006, 09:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxdad35

I need some help. Two and 1/2 years ago my ex managed to hang on to the side of our moving vehicle and get an FRO which is still under appeal. For the last two and 1/2 years she has used this to make it almost impossible to have any pareneting time with my son. I have a parenting coordiantor who is useless, a therapist who conducts the theraputic visits and is also useless but both are ordered by the courts.  We are on our fifth judge an none of them enforce any of the previous orders so this thing seems to just linger. The lawyers and the experts have drained my bank accounts and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. I dont know where to turn to or how to get my visitation back.

A Torelli

ocean

What does the therapist say? Ask her the next visit how she thinks things are going and when does she think it will be good to increase the visitation (that you want a long-term plan on how things should go).

mxdad35

Therapist are just running up huge bills. They provide only pieces of the facts needed and never get it all out on the table. Latest threat was that she would not supply the courts with info unless I paid her in full. Im tapped and dont have all of the $1500.00 she wants. She is basically black mailing us.

ocean

Who is court ordered to pay for the visits-are these visits court ordered? Can it be covered under insurance by either parent?  How have the visits gone so far?
I would ask her for copies of her notes from the visits OR a letter of what her "plan" is. Our thereapist had to have a plan to hand to our insurance.
Was she assigned to your case? Can you get someone else instead?
Last resort is to ask the courts to intervene...do you have an open case now? Do you have a family member/friend that could do supervised visits instead of a therapist?
Just some ideas.....

mxdad35

Our insurance pays some of it.  So far we have exhausted over 40k to the current attorney and have nothing really to show for it. The courts never award counsel fees even when the orders are vioalted. This sets the pace and the ex has no incentive to stop. The experts have already recomended that we get our weekends and overnights back, the courts do nothing. The asshole jugde must think that motions are free and we all have ample time to waste in his courtroom. We cant sue the courts or the experts. Are hands are tied and I dont see any way out. The experts make half ass reports that always seem to be void of the important information. Thank god we keep notes and log books for everthing that happens. Even with all of that it feels like we are one legged and in the middle of an ass kicking contest. I even tried to get the news stations involved, they never even responded.