Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wife blocking visitation

Started by ngborabo, Oct 15, 2006, 10:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngborabo

Its so nice to see a webpage like this:
I need an advise. I have a TRO that prevents me to contact my wife. Last court hearing the judge ruled that I get 2 visitation days a week.
The first week, my wife did not show up so I thought that my son went to school and I did not mind at all. The second and third week, I was able to spend some time with my son. Last week and this week, my wife has stopped using her cell phone and would not answer my messages. I was not able to see my son eversince. I have a lawyer and it has really been a financial burden for me to contact him everytime. I asked a friend today to check on my wife to see if she is okay. My friend called me back today and told me that she is fine but she wanted me to give my schedule to my lawyer and setup visitation days through our legal reps. Is this right or is there something I can do to prevent spending too much using my lawyer, I mean why cant my wife just answer my messages or reply to my text messages? Thanks

ocean

Are you allowed to send a certified letter to her? If it is allowed, I would send her a very simple letter stating that you do not have the money to spend on the lawyer to make a schedule. Either put in a schedule that you would like to see (or what you have been doing) or offer her to make a schedule for the next month and e-mail or text it to you.
If child goes to school, maybe offer to pick child up from school so you do not have to see her and then drop child off at the curb and have child walk in.
If this does not work, you could ask for a modification in the visitation because ex is not allowing visits. Ask for exact days, times, and how the pick-up and drop-off will work. This can be done without a lawyer but she will propbably keep hers....
Some lawyers will let you do the leg work yourself to save money (you file and get the paperwork, serve her) and then they can just come to court with you. Is that an option?
Good luck!

ngborabo

I guess I am allowed to send her a certified mail. The judge in our case ruled that I can only contact her if it regards to my son's visitation. Currently my wife is not working. She is 6 months preganant and has filed a disability. She is always  at home, which I am paying for.

Kimberly9

Send a certified letter along the lines of this:

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/intent.php

Start a log documenting each time you contact or attempt contact.  You are establishing patterns now that will determine the amount of contact you get with your son forever.  What I am saying is.  . .once you start giving in, it is really hard to change it.

Your son needs you.  Hang in there.

ngborabo