Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father that Needs Help

Started by lhardie, Oct 16, 2006, 11:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhardie

Hello

My Name is ------. I am writing you this letter because I am a distressed father in need of help. I know your time is valuable so I will be Quick and to the point.

About a year and a half ago I researched and filed a petition against the mother of my child because she would not let me see my daughter. For the first six months she denied I was the father of our daughter until the courts forced her to take a paternity test. The reason why she was so reluctant to take the test was because she was married at the time she had the affair and got pregnant.

I retained a lawyer and for about a year I did not receive a bill. During this time child support and daycare was set.

Because of my inexperience I racked up 3000 dollars of attorney fees, and when I really needed my attorney she dropped me as her client because I could not pay the amount all at once. I also feel that my inexperience allowed the mother of my child to get away with a lot of outrageous thing because my attorney was not working in my favor.

Now I have no attorney, I can't afford one and the mother of my child is refusing to let me see my daughter because I fell behind in child support. My daughter's child support comes straight out of my check but recently there was an increase in support and my job has not implemented it yet. So because I have not paid this back child support she feels it is ok to keep my child from me.

The reason I am writing you is because I know that you are and professor and you are up to date with family case law. I would like to know if you could help me in any way. What ever help you give me would be greatly appreciated. My daughter and I THANK YOU for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

WhatToDo

Try posting this in the Dear Socrateaser Forum.