Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Letter of intent

Started by WhatToDo, Oct 20, 2006, 07:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatToDo

SD is only 6. When a child is this young, shouldn't the therapist let the parents know what's going on?

dipper

Well, that could be true.  This clinic apparently views it as medical records and a parent has the right by law to those.  however, the insurance company does not reveal these charges as they consider mental health more private than other medical needs.

dipper

I would definitely request it anyway.  Also, if you are nearby...I would call and ask for an appointment with the therapist and go in....dh could express his concerns for the child..and maybe gain some insight as to how therapy is going...

WhatToDo

So my DH called his ex last night and asked to talk to his daughter. Her answer "No." So my DH says "Well can you tell her hi and that I love her?"
His ex says, "I will not be the go between for you!"

How ridiculous! He can't talk to his daughter and when he asks his ex to relay a message she refuses that as well. THen she gets mad because he hasn't spoken to his daughter!

Kimberly9

she is not following the current order at all.

His daughter deserves a relationship with her father and the mother's games are preventing that.

Good luck!

gemini3

Hello.  I live in Virginia and saw your reply, and I was wondering how you did this.  My fiance's ex has been refusing visitation and saying that the child's counselor recommended that the child not sleep away from home.  We weren't aware that we could get counselor's notes - can you please tell me how you went about this?  Thanks so much for your help!