Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick update.

Started by Amy_in_MA, Nov 08, 2006, 06:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy_in_MA

Dad never responded to my emails last week. Saturday he had his time with son and I let him know that son wanted to do a learn to skate (ice skate) program, and given that dad has played hockey, works in rinks, asked him if he could make any suggestions on where to get the equipment needed inexpensively. He said he'd do some calling around and called Sunday night to tell me because the season just started, finding used equipment was almost impossible and as such, best time would be spring...get what he needs for this year and next at that time. We didn't end up registering for the program Sunday night...between the cost of the program ($100) and equipment (probably about $100) this isn't a good time to do this (Christmas, son's birthday in January, and lack of current support being paid). Anyway, dad called last night and left a message for son! YES! He called! :) Son listened to message and I told him "let's call dad back and let him know you got his message." He said "no, I don't want to call." I told him it wasn't a choice...he was calling. He refused to leave a message for his dad (went to voice mail) but at least held the phone to his ear. *sigh* I called dad back and left a message that Zachary appreciated his call and that we were going to do the program next year.

I'm glad he called...I can only hope that he does it again and makes it a habit.

--------------------

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

~ James Allen
"Continue to share your heart with people, even if it's been broken." ~ Amy Poehler

dsm

Z needs to have some consistency when it comes to R.  It is unfortunate that he was not home when y'all called back.

Keep it up mom.  You're doing fine.  :)

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

Amy_in_MA

We called his cell phone, which is usually the best way to reach him. He called at a time that was before we'd be home. But you know what? That's ok with me...he left a message, Zachary heard it, so he knows his dad called. That's the whole thing, I've always emphasized even if he just leaves a message, it gives Zachary the message you were thinking about him...if the only minute in a day he can call is when we're not home, call and leave a message. And it may take some consistency in doing this before Zachary's attitude changes...but I told Zachary this weekend also (when he was saying how he always gets a tummy ache at dad's, doesn't like going, etc.) that he really needs to give his dad a chance.

--------------------

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

~ James Allen
"Continue to share your heart with people, even if it's been broken." ~ Amy Poehler