Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

STANDARD VISITATION SCHEDULE

Started by lynzee781, Nov 22, 2006, 10:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynzee781

I AM THE STEPMOTHER OF TWIN GIRLS.  MY HUSBAND'S VISITATION SCHEDULE IS IN OKLAHOMA AND IT IS THE "CLEVELAND COUNTY STANDARD VISITATION SCHEDULE."  AT THE TOP OF THE SCHEDULE IT STATES THAT IT IS FOR THE NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT.  IT STATES THAT IN THE ODD YEARS, MY HUSBAND HAS THE CHILDREN FROM THE DAY OF THANKSGIVING BREAK UNTIL 6PM THAT SUNDAY.  WELL SINCE IT IS AN EVEN YEAR, DOES HIS EX GET THEM THAT WHOLE TIME?  I UNDERSTAND HER GETTING THEM FOR THANKSGIVING DAY, BUT THIS WEEKEND IS HIS VISITATION AND SHE WILL NOT LET HIM SEE THE GIRLS.  SHE HAS DONE THIS ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS.  I FEEL LIKE SHE INTERPRETS THIS VISITATION SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO HOW SHE WANTS IT TO WORK OUT.  I MAY BE COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.  ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.  

Ref

Sorry, my attempt at humor. When you post in CAPS it means that you are yelling.

I just googled the schedule. It is aweful. I though Escambia Florida's was bad!!!

The way it reads looks like your husband still gets to see his daughters on the weekend after on even years. She could argue it, but it says nothing about her rights to the weekend at all.

Is it something you are willing to go to court over? Does she claim to have made plans?

Just to make sure.... is this his schedule?
http://www.fighting-for-fathers.com/clcty.htm

BTW, I just googled the page. I have no information or affiliation with that law firm. They do have some good advice on the father's rights link though.

Ref

lynzee781

SORRY I AM AT WORK AND MY SYSTEM REQUIRES ME TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS.  :-)  I KNOW THE WEBSITE YOU POINTED OUT AND YES, THAT IS THE VISITATION SCHEDULE THAT HE HAS.  WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO COURT FOR JOINT CUSTODY IN FEBRUARY AND I GUESS THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY THINGS THAT WE WILL BRING UP.  EVENTUALLY AND HOPEFULLY THE GIRLS WILL GET OLDER AND WANT TO LIVE WITH US.  WE ARE DEFINATELY MORE STABLE PEOPLE WHO CAN PROVIDE A LOT MORE FOR THEM.   QUICK QUESTION...DO YOU THINK THAT HAVING A CONVICTED FELON LIVING WITH HER (HIS EX) WILL MAKE HER LOOK BAD IN COURT?  HER ROOM MATE WAS ALSO ARRESTED IN CITY HALL A FEW WEEKS AGO!  RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE I WORK.  SHE ALSO HAS HAD A STRIPPER AND SEVERAL DIFFERENT MEN LIVE WITH HER.  SHE IS CONSTANTLY GOING OUT DRINKING AND WHO KNOWS WHO IS WATCHING THOSE LITTLE GIRLS.  ALSO, DO YOU KNOW IF A COURT WILL LOOK AT HER UTILITY RECORD TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES HER UTILITIES HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF FOR NON PAYMENT?  I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY HAVE NOT HAVE WATER ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THESE PAST FEW MONTHS.   THANKS FOR ANY HELP....SORRY IF I AM RAMBLING...I CHOSE TO JOIN THIS DISCUSSION BECAUSE I KNOW THIS WHOLE MESS REALLY SADDENS MY HUSBAND.  ME TOO, BUT I DON'T LIKE TO WORRY HIM....LATER

Ref

I think it is too painful for many dads to deal with.

Do you have an attorney? Does the attorney specialize in father's rights or Family law?

Let me offer some advice about what the girls want. Chances are this will never matter. Courts hate to give that kind of power to children. Even if the kids want to, chances are that BM will not let them leave.

What was the felony for? If it was a violent crime, drugs, etc... you might have a case. If it was for writing a bad check, the judge might see it as you being vindictive.

What was the roomate arrested for? See above.

Stripping is legal, so I am not sure what bearing the court will see in that and there is nothing restricting the BM as far as who she lives with, so the guys will probably not make a difference either. Plus you would need some good proof of this. If you accuse her of this stuff and she says that it isn't true, it will get thrown out and you will look like the ass.

Drinking too is legal. Drinking and driving is not though. If you have proof that she is drinking and driving, you might get somewhere.

The court wont look at the utility record unless you can provide the information. If you have a good lawyer, they may be able to get the credit record of the ex or some other proof by asking for it from the ex.  This may be important for the girl's safety because they can't live without heat in the winter.

Do some research on parenting plans. There is some great information on this site. Look for things you may want to ask for, like first right of refusal and detailed pick-up and drop-off times and locations.

Welcome to SPARC

Ref

mistoffolees

One thing to keep in mind:

"It is important to be aware that this visitation schedule is for the purpose of providing assured minimum amounts of visitation between non-custodial parent and child(ren). Visitation should exceed the number of occasions set out herein."

These are the MINIMUM requirements. It is undoubtedly better for the child to see the NCP more frequently than the minimum, so I would be trying for greater participation. If the ex is reasonable, you may be able to do better.

If you get the point where you need to consult with an attorney, I can highly recommend Sharon Corbitt in Tulsa.

reagantrooper

He gets the kids this weekend!  Thanksgiving is Thusday not this weekend.

He has the scheduled Parenting time not her. I mean does the order spell out when she gets the Kids.  I bet not!!

My X tried this crap and was shot down in court. This Thanksgiving shedule is to give him "more" Parenting time on odd years.

He needs to show up at the proper exchange point at the correct time when she fails to show call the cops for the record and file motion on Monday.

gipsy

The main thing here is ask around for a good fathers atty , Ask every atty , It's my opinion that a larger amount of atty;s take money but really don;t represent men , My atty Here has a rep of being a mans atty period , And ask the atty if it believes in mens rights , If there is any hesitation in the answer Hang up Immediatly and get one that unhesitantly say's yes and he wins A fair percent  for men period ,
   And Unhesitantly say's he has taken cases to trial , And If he has any upcoming trials you could watch him in . All these answerers should be clear period , : The end
    Maybe you won't be going that route , But a decent atty is going to need you to have proveable facts ,
   And you need to provide the facts ,
      Maybe you could have some one where a pizza shirt and see if they are haveing a big party etc ,
     Then you have some fact , With out knowing what is going on when she is gone then you only have accusations .
   Remmember this ,And I know it too be fact , The court hears this stuff all day long and unless you could prove it then it's likely to be a wash ,
   But I saw My atty win a case for a man based on the fact that the mother was partying too much and the kid was there to see arrests etc , So You could have some direction with that ,
   Again atty selection is Paramount to a man winning custody ,
     And Most attys don't really do there job ,
   So the atty should give clear answers , To what you need for proof to have a good case , And should be pretty clear about wether you have a good case or not , Period ,
   My atty was Honest , He said I had a weak case , But took her to trial for the purpose of ironing out all the bs , And believe it or not so she would take me seriously , Like He filed for custody , Asked for atty fee's .   And said this will make her sweat ,
   He said I have a weak case and he would do the whole thing for $3,000 Because In wash state , They appoint a parenting investigater / Gaurdian ad litem , The reason Is the attys represent the paying parent , And the Investigater Represenst the best Interest of the child , And the court will be likely to go with what the parenting investigater said , So the person that needs to see the proof of Neglect cause she is partying is the parenting investigater , the Attty can lead you through this , But the atty Is only a part of the case ,
   And to answer the question , maybe if the Parenting plan doesn't spell it out then tou need clarifcation of the plan , By asking the Judge to do this you get a court order that will state one way or the other ,
   But read the plan carefully , Mine say's , We  have to go to mediation  for modification before returning to court , If so, the Judge or commissioner will defer the case for you to file for mediation , in wich you waste your time by not following the direction s,So read the plan ,
   And My atty told me to do this cause if she refuses to mediate you will get a report from the mediater that said , X Parent did not respond to mediation request , Then you take that to court and  Ask the judge to rule in your favor , And her refusal is used against her , It isn't that significant but it tips the scale a tiny Bit
   DON"T Just think you are going to get a great atty and this will fix it , the court and all it's jesters are a big joke , But usually the jesters at the court get the basic picture , I believe IF The mother is Leaving the children while she parties un supervised you could have a decent case , But there are no garuntee's when you are deal with people that there income is based on how many clients they have , there is no way an atty can keep up with all the stories

Jade

>Sorry, my attempt at humor. When you post in CAPS it means
>that you are yelling.
>
>I just googled the schedule. It is aweful. I though Escambia
>Florida's was bad!!!
>
>The way it reads looks like your husband still gets to see his
>daughters on the weekend after on even years. She could argue
>it, but it says nothing about her rights to the weekend at
>all.
>
>Is it something you are willing to go to court over? Does she
>claim to have made plans?
>
>Just to make sure.... is this his schedule?
>http://www.fighting-for-fathers.com/clcty.htm
>
>BTW, I just googled the page. I have no information or
>affiliation with that law firm. They do have some good advice
>on the father's rights link though.
>
>Ref

I read the visitation schedule and didn't get that he still got the week-end with his children.  The way I read it, he gets them for the whole week-end on the years that it is his and the the custodial parent got the whole week-end the years she had Thanksgiving.  

gabes_mom

If the agreement says he has the kids on the weekend after the holiday then he has them that weekend.  Like another poster said Thanksgiving is on Thursday.

williaer

The order clearly says- from Wednesday night through Sunday. This is pretty standard in most states. That does make one parent have more weekends- but over time it evens itself out. I tried to get the BM's in our case to exercise their parenting time this Thanksgiving- which would have been Wed-Sun (including our normal weekend)but they both bailed on Thursday night and would have given the kids back sooner, if we'd been available. So I guess we have the opposite situation.

I wouldn't fuss on this one too much- you get Christmas day, since she had Thanksgiving- all the way to January- which may include one of her weekends- so it's tit for tat- you get one or the other.