Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:56:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

retaliation

Started by gemini3, Nov 28, 2006, 01:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

We went to court this morning to answer ex's petition for support modification.  My lawyer couldn't be there because of a previously scheduled case, so we asked for continuation.  The ex got really mad, I guess because she was expecting to get more money today.

So, in retaliation, she's just told me that I have to start picking the kids up at 730P.  Our custody agreement just says "weekends" (we're working on clarification, that was continued as well).  For the last six months (according to a written agreement we have via e-mail) I have picked them up at 6P on Friday, she has picked them up at 730P Sunday.  Now she says I have to pick them up at 730P Friday because a weekend is a "48 hour period".

Any suggestions as to what to do besides just wait for the court date?

gabes_mom

I wish I had better advice.  But it sounds like without the clarification of "weekends" you can't Make her comply with anything but what she is offering.  Is she the type that will reconsider after she's been given time to cool off?  Sorry and good luck on your court hearing!

Kitty C.

Tell her that if a weekend is supposedly '48 hours' (and remind her that that is ONLY an hourly definition of two days), then you will still pick up at 6 pm. on Friday and she can pick them at 6 pm. on Sunday......gives you more waking hours with them, but she doesn't need to know that.....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......