Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another father makes a fatal decision.........

Started by Kitty C., Apr 20, 2004, 09:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

You just said what I couldn't. Not good with words...

I have very close contacts with all aspects of the professional fields that deal with this on a daily basis. Total depair CAN destroy the most well adjusted person. It will probably be some time before the true facts are revealed, but something snapped in this father. It can happen to the best of us.

We need more facilities to help fathers cope, more awareness. Too many cases and not enough people. So many are slipped under the rug.

Kitty C.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

kiddosmom

This is a hard one to write.

what this man did was unexcusable. period.
when a woman does the same we are all ready to jump on the band wagon to damn her to hell. just because a man did the same is no reason to make excuses about it being understandable.

Brent

>what this man did was unexcusable. period.
>when a woman does the same we are all ready to jump on the
>band wagon to damn her to hell. just because a man did the
>same is no reason to make excuses about it being
>understandable.

That's my feeling exactly.

Kitty C.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I NEVER once said that what he did was okay.  Murder and suicide is NEVER okay.  But I'm not angry about it, just horribly sad that ANY parent would be driven to such desperate, final  decisions.

I have not and will not make an 'excuse' for what he did.  But it's almost unfathomable to imagine what he must have been thinking and feeling to go thru something so horrific, given the kind of man they described.  The pain must have been unbearable.

It's proof positive of the lack of services and help out there for situations such as this.  If you've never seen the aftermath on the scene of a suicide, you can't possibly know or imagine.  And to take two other very young, promising lives blows it completely out of proportion.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

From a previous post:  

"I do not agree with what he did, I do not sympathize, I am not making excuses and I am not rationalizing his behavior, but I do understand.
Years of mental abuse can destroy the most normal person."

The most devastationg call a Police Officer or EMT respond to, is a suicide.

Maybe it would be more productive if someone here could post available Men's shelters in the United Sates. I have looked for some time in a 100 mile radias with no luck.

Kitty C.

........and I've been on two of them, both with gun shots to the head.  I shudder to think what the emergency response personnel must be going thru after dealing with such a call as this.  Thank God for CISD (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing), or I would have lost it.

MYSONSDAD

When a person responds to the call, As soon as you walk in the room, a chill just goes thru you that can not be discribed. It goes thru your very soul.  You can actually feel the persons pain and anquish, almost like they are still there.

"Children learn what they live"