Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:22:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not sure how to handle this...

Started by gemini3, Apr 17, 2007, 02:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notnew

then the drop off time isn't defined. Is she dictating the drop off time?  Unless there is something that says she gets to dictate the time, then you may be safe just dropping the kids off later then usual.

Sounds to me like she knew she was messing up your wedding plans with her inside information. A shame that your fiance' didn't bring this issue up in court and show that this is the reason why she moved for the change. Hindsight is 20/20.

If the order is so vague, you can probably keep the kids and risk her filing for contempt which will most likely not stick since there are no specifics.

Perhaps you should ask an attorney the best way to approach this one because I think you may have the upper hand and just not realize it.

Jade

>then the drop off time isn't defined. Is she dictating the
>drop off time?  Unless there is something that says she gets
>to dictate the time, then you may be safe just dropping the
>kids off later then usual.
>
>Sounds to me like she knew she was messing up your wedding
>plans with her inside information. A shame that your fiance'
>didn't bring this issue up in court and show that this is the
>reason why she moved for the change. Hindsight is 20/20.
>
>If the order is so vague, you can probably keep the kids and
>risk her filing for contempt which will most likely not stick
>since there are no specifics.
>
>Perhaps you should ask an attorney the best way to approach
>this one because I think you may have the upper hand and just
>not realize it.
>
>
I don't think a judge would hold him in contempt since it isn't a regular occurence AND it is a special occasion.  The judge just may chastise the CP over her filing a frivilous lawsuit.  

ocean

If you are going back to court before the wedding then ask for the time in court or at least a drop off time that would work for you.
OR
If she responds negatively, ask for it in court. I think she will look really stupid if she says "sorry they can't stay the extra 3 hours"...
Hope she just says yes and leaves it at that...
Good luck

MixedBag

a PM with another idea.  Let me know if you didn't get it.