Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father refuses to return children i have custody please help

Started by pebbles, Aug 06, 2007, 11:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebbles

I have custody of my children and the father has supervised visitation with his parents being the superviser. My boys went to there house for a 2 week visit and now they are refuseing to bring them back. I live in louisiana and they live in mississippi. Is there anyone that can help me with the pkpa statute to get my children back.;( My custody papers is a permanent restraining order injunction. does not expire. I went to mississippi and the police out there said they will not honor my papers.

Sunshine1

Hop in your car, go to their town, visit the local Sherrif's dept and show them your custody papers.  Tell them that "supervised visitation" is OVER and you would like the children returned to your custody.

Unless there is something in the order saying otherwise, I don't see why you would not be assisted in them being returned to you.

pebbles

I did that the sherrif's dept said that they will not honor louisiana document  and all they can do is go ask him to give me the boys and he said no. Please help

Sunshine1

I believe you need to register your order in the state of Louisiana and then it will be enforceable.

I have never dealt with interstate vistation before but just from what I have read this is what you need to do.

You can also file a motion for contempt, what is his reasoning for not returning the children?

pebbles

he is just being a jerk. he pops in and out of the childrens life all the time but every time he comes back in their life he pulls something. the papers are already registered in louisiana.

mistoffolees

Then file for contempt of court in Louisiana. Ask for an emergency hearing.

I believe you can also have a warrant issued for his arrest in Louisiana. I'm not sure, but it should be possible to have the Mississippi police enforce an arrest warrant.

You might also try contacting the FBI.

Sunshine1

Why the FBI?  Because it is across state lines?

Pebbles... you need to file contempt, and like yesterday.  I dont' understand why they won't assist you in the return of you children if he has no custody and supervised visitation.  The "supervisors" can be held accountable as well for helping in not returning the children and I would motion to have the father's visitation take place at a visitation center since they are allowing this to go on.

The whole point of them supervising is to make sure this kind of thing doesn't go on.  Get rid of the parents, they are part of the problem too.

mistoffolees

>Why the FBI?  Because it is across state lines?
>

Yes. It wouldn't surprise me if the FBI says that it's a custody issue and refuses to get involved, but they just might. It seems to me that it's worth a shot, anyway. Just make sure to tell the truth (do NOT claim that the kid disappeared and you don't know where he is because then you'd be filing a false claim).