Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Specifics in order

Started by greatdad, Dec 13, 2007, 08:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatdad

Due to  agressive behavior by stbx family members I requested and Judge amended the  temp visitation order ( final decree soon) to say very specifically, exactly who could pick up children from me when stbx has visitation. That no other people could get out of their car or approach the vehicle. Stbx has failed to show several times and instead sends other family members with who the children don't want to go with. Previous order specified that "the parties shall meet" and those members were not "parties".
Would you think that since this will be same judge who rules on final, that he now has a good picture that there is something very wrong on stbx's side? Has anyone else had a Judge kmake an order so specific when requested by a CP dad ?

mistoffolees

I don't know, but do you have evidence to back your story? I'd make sure I have a reliable (non-family) witness and/or video.

greatdad

Judge already read and approved the amended order. He wouldn't do that unless he reviewed it and thought it reasonable under the circumstances.
Interestingly, STBX all of a sudden decided to come get the children this time. Amazing how all of stbx's reasons why couldnt come got resolved after amended order got so specific , I hope that is not missed by the Judge, after all it was stbx that caused the hearing to amend saying work schedule, transportation, all sorts of things prevented her from showing up 6 times in a row. Then when Judge rules that it is either her or only 1 other person who can get children, she magically shows. HMMMMMM

mistoffolees

Then you've got nothing to worry about.

greatdad

Thanks.
Would this type of amended visitation order be viewed as unusual and more specific than most ? Final decree trial is in  less than 2 months, I have had children last 1 1/2 years, but stbx still wants to contest custody. Since she has refused to comply with discovery , has avoided paying child support whole time, all I can figure is stbx wants 2 things:
To not pay support
To get support
I think stbx views children as "property", it is such a shame.

mistoffolees

It's probably more specific than average, but that is merely an indication that the judge doesn't want to leave anything to chance. There are plenty of possible reasons, but a likely one (based on the information you've given) is that he's tired of stbx trying to abuse the system.

I don't see that there's any down side for you at this point. At worst, stbx could ask to have it loosened up a bit, but if the judge had a reason to put it into the temporary order, there would have to be a good reason to remove it from the permanent order.

IMHO.