Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NCP summertime parenting time

Started by jzurinsky, Jun 25, 2008, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzurinsky

My X and I have a 7 mo son. I have standard parenting time for Michigan. EOW and every week Wednesday. Holidays alternating. Now we had just finalized everything and I have just noticed that I have 3 weeks in summertime with only 2 consecutive. But in small print it does state that I need to give notice by May 1st. Well obviously it is past May 1st. So how do I exercise that time? This is a standard formed schedule and in the orders it just states "parenting time beginning June 27, 2008 whereby Plaintiff shall begin exercising parenting time as set forth in the 16th Judicial Circuit Reasonable Parenting Time Schedule....." I think when I tell her I want to exercise this time all hell will break loose. So any advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

ocean

Send a certified letter with signature stating the dates/time you want child. Very formal letter....as per our divorce decree dates june 27th, i will be exercising my summer parenting time XXX. Thank you..

I would connect it to a regular day you have the child and hopefully you can get child and then keep child for the week.

knoot7

I have had trouble with certified letters...they do not get delivered/picked up as it depends on EX being at the residence at that time or the ex's abilities/desire to get to the post office. If it is a PO Box - certified would work effectively. Try FedEx or UPS to get the situation completed more quickly...

Just my experience it took 8 weeks and EX never got the letters as she never went to the PO to pick them up, when the post person couldn't deliver directly to ex.

Keep all emotion out of the entire letter...keep it to the facts and stright forward wording...

Good Luck!

MixedBag

and send it priority confirmed delivery for a whopping $4.70 if you print the label on-line.