Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:28:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what a crazy week this has been (vent)

Started by mommy of three, Nov 23, 2003, 07:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommy of three

Well, have some good news and bad news.  Good news is that my fiance and Bm have finally reached an agreement in custody.  They are gonna have shared parenting.....we get 3 weekends a month, holidays, summer vacation, and child support was reduced to $300 a month.  They still have a few details to iron out, but all in all a good meeting.  There are still some concerns with SS's school work and performance, but they are still working it out.  Good news there.  

Bad news is that my mom had a massive stroke earlier this week that affected both sides of her brain.  All of her major organs are shutting down and she is on a respirator now.  I am now faced with the difficult decision of whether or not to terminate life support.  The doctors are pretty confident that she will not come out of this.  I live about 10 hours away and spent the weekend with her at the hospital but there has been no change in her condition.  I have tried to stay optimistic but am giving up hope.  Could everyone please say a prayer for us?  Thanks for listening!

mudbunnies

you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers...

and may the thanksgiving holiday be a time of peace for you..

whether it is peace in that your mom has recovered or peacce in knowing that it is god's will that controls her destiny and she has moved on to more peaceful times

Kitty C.

Oh M.O.T!!!!!!  I have been where you are, almost 12 years ago with my father!  He had an aneurysm and they did surgery, but warned us of complications, which did set in.  He stroked on both sides and was vented.

Since Dad was a farmer all his life, there was NO way we could keep him on the vent.  It was obvious that there would be no quality of life and we knew that wasn't what he would have wanted, so we terminated.

It's a heartbreaking decision to make and only you can know what that should be.  My heart goes out to you and your family and may God grant your mother peace.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......