Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

??? for Nancy lou

Started by Jasmine, Nov 22, 2003, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasmine

Was the award punitive? If it was she can't weazle out of the debt by filing for bankruptcy.

NancyLou

About 2/3 of the award was punitive.  She can't weasel out of any of it, since all of the award was a result of her bad acts.  About $350,000 of it is lost retirement from the Air Force, past and future.

And on the other board, someone asked if they could file against their ex in CO.

I joined Versuslaw and researched case law in my state.  The membership is $11.95 a month and it was well worth it.  I even charged it back to the witch as legal expenses.:D

And Kitty, I intend to attach the recorder to the phone to capture all the loveliness that is her.  I know she'll say things that are actionable so I intend to let her know that this isn't my last lawsuit against her if she doesn't fall into line like a normal member of society would.

The funniest thing is that her current husband is a convicted felon and he tried threatening me in the past with something along the lines of, "I've been in prison and know people."

He served three years for drug possession.  I laughed when he said that and told him, "I have a nephew who's life I saved when he was 7 who is devoted to me.  He's serving 23 years in prison for taking a shot at a cop.  It was on Cop's, did you see it?"  I let him know that if ANYTHING worse than a hang nail happened to me, my nephew would see to it that I was taken care of.  (To all of you here, I don't condone what my nephew did, but he learned from his mistake and thanks God every day he wasn't successful in hurting anyone.  He's about 8 years into the sentence and has written long letters of apology to the policeman and his family.  He accepts responsibility for what he did and is now a member of Scared Straight to begin to make amends for what he did.)

My hubby thinks that the main reason the ex didn't respond was because she knew she'd have to talk to me, and she hates that, since I always win against her in a verbal confrontation.  I'm the only person in her life that doesn't take any crap from her.

Jasmine

It is great that most of it is punitive. Punitive damages are NOT excusable by bankruptcy.

WAHOOOOOOOO for you guys!!!