Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Same story, different mom....

Started by sweetnsad, Nov 26, 2003, 09:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetnsad

Hi,
I'm new here...I am an "almost step-mom" of three beautiful children...I also have two of my own and another on the way!  Yes!  I am busy....
I have the same story as most of you...a vindictive bio mom who hates the mere sight of me, jealous of everything we have, etc...My SO is the most wonderful man and father...all he ever wanted was to be loved and respected...he has that with me...
His children are very young..7, 5 and 3...Innocent in all of this, yet they know EVERYTHING...It's almost like she tells them things to turn them against their father...she is so jealous of their relationship with him...an example: before his child support was being garnished directly off his check, if he was late with her check, she would tell the children that "Daddy stole Mommy's money".  How awful is that?  The oldest actually asked him why he stole Mommy's money...I thought he was going to die...
Anyway, I just would like to come here and vent every once in awhile...To people who actually understand and care....Thanks:-)

NancyLou

RUN!!!!!!!!!  Run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This woman will never let up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I'm glad you're so happy with the stb husband and with a baby on the way, so much the better.

However, had I known eleven years ago what I know now, I never would have married my husband.

MKx2

Our PBFH would send one of the kids to the door (usually a week early!) and skid would say "Mom wants her pay check."

DUH WHA'?????  Paycheck?????

I agree with Nancy ... I would hav erun the other direction, AND FAST!

sweetnsad

Thanks,
I know I should run, but I could never do that now....I love him too much...But, the bio mom is a lunatic...lies, manipulates, uses the children to her advantage, collects child support as her sole income...you know, one of those...
It's very frustrating and I wish she would just go away...the oldest boy is doing terribly in school and she doesn't help him one bit...she put him in a french school and he is a totally english child...she doesn't know any french, so she can't help him...she put him in this school, because there is a daycare in it that she puts the three children into everyday until five o'clock....
Is this for real?  She doesn't work...It just makes me so angry...
When my SO left, he didn't take a thing...just his clothes, an air mattress and a toaster oven....
She made a claim in court that he retains over half of the matrimonial assets...she's crazy...of course, it didn't fly with the lawyers or the judge...
This is only a taste...I would be here all day if I were to tell you what we go through and what we have gone through...I'm sure I'm not alone though....

joni

...focus on your new child and your own children, respect your stepchildren, love your stb husband.  But you must learn to emotionally disengage from this woman and her influence or it will eat you alive.  Read this wonderful book by Don Miguel Ruiz called The Four Agreements, it'll save your sanity.  http://www.miguelruiz.com/

MKx2

Now ... isn't that about the BEST book in the world?  I can't even tell you HOW many times I've read it.

Good post m'dear!

lovehiskids

I have 3 stepkids (8,6,3) who are about the same age so I can sympathize. PBFH will always be that. Just smile nod and ignore her. Don't let her actions ruin your happiness!

oklahoma

Not exactly related to child support, but definitely the sense of entitlement....  My husband's ex seems to think she has done this great and amazing service to all by raising their daughters "by herself."  She has "stepped up to the plate" and therefore he should bow down to her every demand.  Hello!!  My husband would give anything for just the opportunity to "step up to the plate."

I don't know that I would have not married my husband knowing then what I know now.  I do advise my friends/family who are in similar situations to dump the guy before getting too close.  (But no one seems to listen......)

sweetnsad

Thanks, Joni...
That is some of the best advice I've ever gotten...and I think I'll look into that book...
Again, thank you to everyone who posted a reply..It's nice to know we aren't alone....:-)