Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Same story, different mom....

Started by sweetnsad, Nov 26, 2003, 09:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

thank YOU for turning me onto the book!

MKx2

LMAO@self!  Just showin' my "Juvenile Alzeheimers" again Joni!  

wendl

Welcome to our world.  Feel free to vent anytime or even ask questions, also chat is a great place.
I am a mom of one and a stepmom of 2 and its sad that these parents feel they must put the kids in the middle for $$$$$$$$$$$$

wendl

Does your stb hubby have to pay the daycare if so I would request that he ONLY PAYS WORK RELATED DAYCARE, my dh had a problem with mom not working and putting kids in daycare, thats why he has a stipulation in his orders saying work realated only. OR you dh could ask for 1st right of refusal which means he would get to watch his child over anyone else.

tryn2begooddad

OK going to throw my male 2 cents in here....if women should run from a guy that has, we'll call it issues with an ex, why shouldnt a man do the same if he finds a woman that has an ex who won't pay child support or has turned the kids into hating her just because he is mad at her for not being with him anymore even though together they are like oil and water...if a man had said run run as fast as you can he would have been fried for suggesting that a little baggage caused him to run away from a person that he cares about..maybe I am a bit jaded or maybe I am just trying to provide a male point of view I dont know but it would seem to me that if two people do care and can communicate about things then stuff like this can be worked through...easy heck no a battle at times yes but it all boils down to what you as a person want...

sweetnsad

No, he just pays straight CS every month...but I will keep that in mind if she tries to get more for child care expenses.  Thanks!

hisliltulip

As a woman, I have to agree with you.  Between my DH and myself, we have three boys....  We also have three exes.  Luckily I get along (very well) with his first ex-wife, and they get along much better now that I am in the picture.  My ex and DH's second ex-wife are completely different though!

We have an "odd" family, I guess...  But you know what?  I wouldn't trade one minute of it!

Mellybug

Hello, and welcome!

I would disagree with anyone that says "Run away" and even more strongly with "as fast as you can".

The biggest rewards come from the biggest efforts.

I'm not going to lie, it's TOUGH. It can go from the happiest day to the worst day in no time flat. I could tell you to not let PBFH get to you - but she will anyway.

All I can say is love them with all that you have! During those bad times, REMEMBER why you're there, because as sure as the sun follows a storm, good times will follow the bad. And, with time, hopefully your relationship will be all the more strong because of all you've been through together.

Mellybug

tulip

"The biggest rewards come from the biggest efforts."

I like that. What an effort! I'm sure it's going to have amazing rewards! My dh and I have been going through some of the toughest times ever lately. Sometimes I want to run away. Sometimes I tell him I am miserable and don't want to be a part of this family. But I know this. I am married to him. I knew what I was getting into (well, kind of) and I made a promise not only to him, but to our kids--mine and his and ours. I am glad I made that commitment. Yeah, it's hard. But I know that I make a difference in their lives and so does he, so I am going to keep fighting for the people I love.

Jasmine

Hey sweet, found your way here I see.