Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just another little annoyance...

Started by oklahoma, Nov 30, 2003, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahoma

Some of you may know that how we want to deal with "the situation" changes about every 5 minutes.  We decided to write one more letter to BM and her attorney, to request--again--that joint counseling start as ordered by the court.

We got an immediate response--joint counseling will begin when my husband contacts the counseling center.  First little annoyance, the attorney said that my SDs "availability" has been made know to the counseling center--like it's this huge scary thing to tell my husband straight out when they can be there.  Second little annoyance, the attorney made it sound as if we are required to use this particulart counseling center.  (Not so--the judge suggested that my SDs original intern counselor be used for joint counseling, if she is available.  Well, she left the counseling center in May and they have no record of where she went.  Fine with us, she was clueless!)  Just a little thing, it would be far more hassle than it is worth to find a different counselor and then fight BM about it.  I'm just so annoyed with BM and her attorney making up their own rules and getting away with it.

tulip

You're right, it's usually more hassle to fight about it then to just let her have her way and control everything. I so often want to fight about stupid things, just to show bm that she can't control our lives. Good thing my dh is more level-headed than me. Somebody has to give in to get anything accomplished. I remind myself often that the more we fight, the more we teach the kids to fight. I know how you feel. I'm going to get myself a really ugly doll, and when she really burns me up inside, I will shake the doll really hard. This will keep me from shaking my husband really hard.