Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it legal for a SM to take the kids to DR visits if dad is the Cp?

Started by ksswthrt74, Dec 16, 2003, 04:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksswthrt74

I am wanting to know if it is legal for SM to take kids to Dr appts when Dad is the CP. I am the girls BM and NCP, but I have never authorized for her to take them.  Can it be just Dad who authorizes it?  

She is the one who changed their Dr from the one I was taking them to once her and X got together.  Long story about changing of the Dr.

Just curious. Thank you.

nosonew

In our order it states that SM can do lots of things IF neither bio parent is available.  this includes school stuff, doctors, emergencies, etc.  If dad is here he always takes ss for these things, if not, I do. BM lives out of town.  It may be that they changed doctors due to insurance coverage, dr may be closer, or could be their family doctor.  CP usually gets to choose who the doctor is, but its nice if both parents can agree upon it and ncp is notified of appts prior to appt.  We notify bm prior to appts and she can be there also if she wants.  Hope this helps.

TX

Do you not want the SM to take the children to the doctors? Do you feel she is trying to "prove" she is a better "Mom"? I am just curious if you are giving yourself needless worry because my tendency is to think it's a good gesture she is taking them. Then again, I don't know your situation.  I ate crow when it came to my childrens step-mom and I did anything and everything I could to get along with her. I had these horrid thoughts of not knowing what my children were doing and how they were when they were with her that kept me from saying and doing A LOT.