Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My heart is breaking.........

Started by Kitty C., Apr 26, 2004, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I just got word from DH, from a dear friend of ours, that another friend and old co-worker committed suicide this weekend.  His wife had left him and he was fighting it.  Apparently she had lost a lot of weight, went to FL with some friends over spring break, then came back and filed.  Luckily, there are no children involved.

He was a reservist in the Army, a gung-ho GI.  He was a patriot and loved his country very much.  He was a dear friend and a lot of fun to go camping with.  I remember last summer when he was showing off his new camper, he was so excited about it!  He was a blast at the company holiday parties!

WHY are all these great guys killing themselves???  WHY is the method of preferance a gun to the head????  What a horrible, horrible waste!  I've seen and dealt with enough suicides to last me to infinity.

And now I have to brace myself to listen to 'Taps' Thursday morning.  I can keep it together until those first few notes, then I'm done for.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

sweetnsad

What a shame!  I often wonder what must have been going on in the head of someone who has done this....what brings them to such a  drastic decision???  
I am grateful he didn't have any children, but that doesn't mean there aren't others that will pain greatly by his death.  My sympathies go out to his family and his dear friends (you and DH)....many prayers and thoughts your way.

wendl

I am so sorry Kitty, I don't understand why people think that taking their own lives is the only way out.
(((hugs))))

MYSONSDAD

I am feeling your loss right along with you. There must be more to it then that. No one may ever know what got him to that point.

They say 'God only gives you what you can handle', but sometimes I wonder.

I sometimes wonder why some religions will not perform a marriage until you attend counseling for a period of time. If they did that before you could get a divorce, would it help the healing process? Or would it also help save a few marriages along the way...

You and your Family are in my thoughts and prayers

Hawkeye

Kitty, Here's some info that might help.

http://www.uic.edu/orgs/convening/aftersuicide.htm

Do a google search for "Besty Ross Iowa Suicide".
 http://webcenter.health.webmd.netscape.com/hw/mental_health/shc54.asp

Elnora "Betsy" Ross of Iowa City founded "Ray of Hope" in 1976 to counsel the "survivors" of suicide.

Ray of Hope

P.O. Box 2323

Iowa City, IA 52244

CALL: 319-337-9890 Voice/Fax

FAX: 319-337-9890

E-MAIL: [email protected]

mandi

Kitty,
   I am very sorry for your lost.  My heart goes out to you and yours.
*~Mandi~*

smtotwo

prayers to you and yours

gmaoftwo

Sweetie, I am so sorry for you and DH!!!  It is tragic to lose a loved one to suicide, and I understand the pain you're going through.  Your family will be in my prayers as always.
(((((HUGS)))))!!!!!