Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Feeling Down

Started by DMcD, Jan 10, 2004, 11:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcD

And there we have it, folks - the Understatment of the Year Award!!

I don't think any parent, bio or step, can be called "sane". You choose to carry and birth a child (or in dads case, watch your wife turn into a raving ball of emotions who stops having sex with you because her back, legs and feet hurt), spend all of your money on a baby that will inevitably poop or pee all over you, put every ounce of strength, love and devotion into someone who will someday say in the heat of anger, "I hate you and I wish I had different parents!". In the case of steps, you try to bond with a child who probably won't like you at first, who is probably fed a lot of negativity about you and will someday say in the heat of anger, "You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mother!" Yet we love them. We love them with every fiber of our being. Sane people would not love anyone who put them through the emotional, financial and physical roller coaster kids put their parents through each and every day. That's just the part that we deal with for the kids. Add in the ex and a court battle that would make Custer's last stand look like a day at the beach, I think you could say that we are all a little less than "sane", whatever the hell "sane" means.

At least we all know that we have each other to lean on when we come here. It keeps me from becoming even more insane than I already am!

sweetnsad

that most of us here lost our sanity when we chose the path we are on now...it's difficult at the best of times and I, for one, know what you are going through....the money problems and lack thereof, the ex and court, the skids (although they don't live with us and God Bless you for taking that on especially when your DH is away!)...

I felt so bad for you when I read your post, and yet, there is a strong woman there.  You are tougher than you seem and yes, it can only go UP from here!

Take care and know that we are all here, even if it's just for venting.  We all need that at some point.(((Hugs)))