Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:09:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some good thoughts and energy our way

Started by joni, Jan 26, 2004, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

...DH goes to court tomorrow about Ex's move away motion.  

Again thank you and much appreciation for everyone's good advice over the years.  I hope it pays off tomorrow!

Kitty C.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

NoNicky

You got 'em!

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

joni

Great news!  We got everything we wanted.  The Ex gave in, she's tired of fighting and tired of commuting from NY to Detroit to go to court.  So we let her move and in turn, we got joint legal custody.

Thanks to everyone here at SPARC for their advice and wisdom, either directly or indirectly.  Just reading other people posts and people here sharing their experiences has been tremendously helpful and insightful.

God Bless!

kiddosmom

Happy for you :)

DMcD

So happy for you. I hope that BM understands what joint custody means and starts keeping your DH informed. Your DH, you and BM would probably do well to take co-parenting classes to let everyone know exactly what information should be shared and what kind of involvement the parents should have. I don't know if BM is willing to do something like that, but you should ask her and document that she was asked so if, in the future, your DH isn't being involved and BM is breaking the court orders, you can show that he took the initiative to take the classes and BM was asked to do the same. It should be fairly easy to get her ordered to take the classes after that. Again, congrats to you and DH and I hope that this starts a new chapter in your lives.