Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Finally!!!!

Started by lucky, Feb 11, 2004, 10:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

someone is willing to help -- or at least TRY!

We have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic next Thursday (the 19th) for ds.  They have scheduled it as a possible admission.

They feel (based on what dh told them over the phone) that we are in a crisis situation and that no one up here is willing to help us.  They want to get him off all his meds and get an evaluation done "clean".

My stomach keeps flipflopping when I think about leaving my baby three hours away, however, I know that it is what is best for him.  

Our family counselor told us yesterday that her supervisor went over our entire file bit by bit and told her to tell us that ds is under-diagnosed and that we need to get him out of our town and to the U of M or somewhere like that for a full eval.  Unfortunately, the county won't listen to them either so we are cutting them out of the loop.  The family counselor is very happy with our decision to go to the Mayo and is going to get a joint letter of recommendation with her supervisor for us to bring with us.

Anyway, things are looking a little better.

PS  I have a job interview on Friday -- keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming that I get this job!  It's 45 minutes away from home (as opposed to 10 minutes) but it is in the field that I've trained for since 1999!
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

thairagain

I, too, had to make the difficult decision to place my child in a "home" about 3 hours away.  It was a very difficult decision.  Although, I regret the things my son went through while there...(ugly situation resulting in a civil suit against the home), it was the "wake up call" my son needed and my son is doing MUCH better.

Good luck to you.

thair

MixedBag