Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't we stop these harassing phone calls?

Started by tulip, Feb 19, 2004, 07:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

I agree with PD -- and we've done that with our e-mail.  BUT alls she has to do is find another phone and then you gotta block that number too....just like e-mail.  

Change the cell phone number -- and do a *67 to block it on any caller ID when you use it to call her.

We too have blocked e-mail and have said "In a week, it will be unblocked" and she just laughs at us as if to say "Who cares!"    And yes, we will change the cell phone number IF she has another episode.

When she calls and leaves a message, let the children call back at a reasonable rate of return (like ONCE a day) or something.  I wasn't trying to say "Don't let the kids call her back or don't tell the kids that she called."  And I hope that no one took it like that.

One suggestion that I read once too was to have the kids call ONCE and then that takes away her need to call them again later in the day.  Maybe that will make for a polite conversation....because you've caught her off guard and not when she's in a mood to fight.

Peanutsdad

LOL MB, my ex tried all that,, using a neighbors phone, having her mother call, calling my cell, the email thing.

When she calls from a neighbor, I tell her that its now blocked, and her number block just went to a week if I had already blocked her.

I block on my cell also, email too. When her mother called, I answered it politely, gave her the information she asked for and asked her not to call me again....politely.

See, I used to stress over her actin like a twit on the phone and in email,, but once I discovered that the "authorities" arent gonna do anything, I took the steps I did and live much happier.

MixedBag

which is why we are happier too....and I bet your EX hates that, now doesn't she?

Peanutsdad

Actually, she's got a full plate with her own woes right now,,,, she pissed away a 40k a yr job,, and has no education. She lost her new ford explorer, about to lose her home, and now, has no electricity at home.

She had already lost her phone,, and got another thru some scam.

Shes got bigger worries right now than aggravating me.

Kitty C.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

I would get that 'reasonable phone contact' modified next time your in court. Get specific days and times she can call, if she does not abide by it, she would in contempt. Can't believe she'd put her kids thru something like this.

I even went so far as taking pictures of the caller ID. They do not come out. Another 'Kodak Moment' gone.

"Children learn what they live"

MixedBag

Anybody care to explain why it was necessary for the EX to call DH last night at 4 am TWICE to give her two cents (I should say 1/2 cent) response to the letter she received in the mail?

Another example of what they do.....

And nope she didn't tell us anything we didn't already know or have heard in the past -- and she missed the WHOLE point to much of the letter....but she just HAD to call and have her say.

Pathetic.

Peanutsdad

A voice whispers out of the dark ; "Call blocking,, if you do it, you WILL sleep" ;)

Indigo Mom

-----Anybody care to explain why it was necessary for the EX to call DH last night at 4 am TWICE to give her two cents (I should say 1/2 cent) response to the letter she received in the mail?-----

4am?  Did you ask her why she was all ready to spit nails at that early hour?  Did you ask her how much crack she smoked in order for her to be up at that hour and in the mood she was in?

Then...did you thank her for waking you up...cause you're in the mood for love and her ex is laying right next to you....vulnerable.....lolol

MixedBag

And maybe on Monday it will be changed -- then again if he blocks it then his co-workers and customers won't have to learn a new number.