Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

stepmommie blues......

Started by seesaw, Feb 27, 2004, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seesaw

I just started coming to this site, and already I feel better about the situation my dh and I are in. The support here is amazing.Anyway, I have a soon-to-be 3 yr.old ss . We have 50/50 joint custody,well actually we technically had him for 70% this last year. Our agreement was only for a year.We currently have filed for a modification to have him legally for 70% EVERY year.We have mediation in a couple of months.We feel very confident that we could walk away with no less than 50 again-but we will go to court if need be for 70/30. Our pbfh is very much in a grey area-manipulator extroidinaire but not a druggie or in jail or anything. Frankly she just is not as good a parent as we are.She does have a personality disorder don't get me wrong. She lies like a rug and when caught does not have the normal reaction-no back pedaling no telling other lies to cover it up-she simply does not respond. Honestly it's the most bizarre thing.

Well, I am very excited that we are going to visit ss next week.I am  kind of upset though because ss said something odd the other day on the phone. It was the first time we had spoken to him since  pb was served motion papers  and  she must have been talking to someone about it in front of ss, because he tells me. "I don't want my mom to have me" then right after that  he says very serious," I need you here,sm"(he calls me by a special name,which for obvious reasons I would rather remain private). he was very sad/serious sounding. Now mind you he is not even 3. He can speak very well for his age and I am sure he knew what what was going on.

It's so hard dealing with a back and forth thing with a child so young. I would love him to stay a baby forever, but it will be so much easier when he is older.I have been his primary caregiver since he was 1 yr. 3 mos.I love him like my own.

If anyone has any advice for me about mediation or California law or just stepmommie stuff i would appreciate it. I don't have any friends that are in the handbasket I am in. thanks!

1angrystepmom

How about an attorney??  I have a FANTASTIC one in San Diego....

Amber

seesaw

We have an attorney picked out if it comes to that. We really don't think she wants to go to court. Her priorities are: her money, herself, and her son.In that order.
But i would love a recommendation just in case.

oneandonly

I was talking with you in chat the other night and meant to suggest him--he is in East county, however, goes to downtown for cases too..
David Casey
He is wonderful and if he cant help you, he will find someone who will...
He's in the book--I used to have his number but dont anymore..
good luck