Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

If I ever needed proof that SS loves me..........

Started by Kitty C., Mar 01, 2004, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

....I got it this weekend!  With all that's transpired between DH and I, I haven't seen SS since the last weekend of Jan.

DH didn't tell SS that DS and I were back, but SS saw my car as they were coming down the street.  Apparently he couldn't get out of the truck fast enough, made a beeline for the door, and once he came in and saw me, he VAULTED into my arms!

Now, this boy is 'husky', just turned 10 and is about 100 lbs.  He damn near knocked me completely over, LOL!  And we were both crying, too....

Then on Sat., I had to attend an all day EMS seminar and a vendor was selling shirts and sweats.  Since I missed SS's birthday, I found a sweatshirt his size that said 'An EMT Loves Me'.  I figured that he'd leave it with us, since PBFH would pitch a fit about it, but NO!  He wore it to church yesterday and still had it on when PBFH came to pick him up!  When I asked DH about it, he said 'You think he's gonna let his mom stop him from wearing it??'

Yes, I had a wonderful WEEKEND..................!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Uhmmm... "VAULTED" ... 'damn near knocked me over" ... what a joy !

Too bad there wasn't a like sweatshirt for DH to wear to the church.  Everything will come up roses !!

Kitty C.

.....If they'd had one in his size, I'd have gotten one for him too, LOL!  :-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

bananas

joni

....what a great light shining at the end of the long tunnel that you've been through Kitty.  Thanks for sharing your joy.

wendl

awww how sweet, actions sure speak louder than words. Enjoy being back and having wonder kids around

MYSONSDAD

Just goes to show, when you 'make pancakes' you are using all the RIGHT ingredients!  ENJOY!!!!

"Children learn what they live"

nosonew

Things like this make it all worthwhile.... best of luck & renewed hope and joy to you and your family!

Kitty C.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on 5/1, and we're thinking about renewing our vows, since DH said he's making a 'recommittment' to me.  Nothing elaborate (probably in jeans!), but will be in church.

Funny how life turns around, cuz I used to dread the weekends when he'd get home.  Now I CAN'T WAIT, LOL!!!!!!!!

sweetnsad

I am so happy for you.  I hope things continue to go "up" from here....:-)